Acer Aspire A515-51G-53F6 HDD parts install

Options
jkraft8
jkraft8 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I opened up the the HDD panel on the bottom of the laptop and it would seem there is no SATA connector to connect a HDD to and I believe I would also need a bracket to install the HDD to the laptop. Where am I able to get these parts? My understanding is Acer provides these parts but I am having trouble connecting with someone at Acer who know what I need.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

ACER part nos.

cable 50.GP4N2.004

bracket 33.GP4N2.002

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

ACER part nos.

cable 50.GP4N2.004

bracket 33.GP4N2.002

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jkraft8
    jkraft8 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The issue now is where do I find these to order them? 
  • COMPUTERMAN1999
    COMPUTERMAN1999 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2018
    Options
    if u r in canada ************* talk to Donnie at grand tec  services. they will have supply in a week.  there is a grandtec in the us as well dont have that number sorry
  • JackE
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you can't find a dealer, you can usually get the cable thru aliexpress. May take a few weeks. However, It's a standard SATA HDD cable and connectors, just a specific length. You might find one for another model that'll fit inside just as well.  Instead of a bracket, I use anti-stat foam to immobilize and protect the HDD or SSD inside the case. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• COMPUTERMAN1999
    Options
    sorry the phone number was stripped out by the admin. didnt know it was against the rules 
    http://www.grandtech.ca/parts.html
  • COMPUTERMAN1999
    Options
    I did find what  appears to be the correct cable at Aliexpress. checkout the shipping price. :# thats insane or you could do DHL for 780 dollars. $or get the cable from GrandTech Services US price cable and caddy USD 24 AND 9 DOLLARS SHIPPING
    OR GRANDTECH Canada. I am sure i just made a friend with Jack E sorry dude. I know you are an acer superstar here