Disconnect battery in order to repalce screen ( Acer E5 575, Model N16Q2)

FinnBjerke
FinnBjerke Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I have new replacement screen for this wonderfull machine, I just need to remove or disconnect the battery so I can safely take replace old screen with the new one. How do I get to the battery when there is no battery compartment. I can not acces battery from backside of the PC it seems.
1. Could I just wait for the battery to "die" and change the screen then or
2. Do I have to remove keyboard and front in order to find battery and make sure battery is not starting the PC while I change the screens ?

Thank you in advance. 

Answers

• FinnBjerke
    photo link here: 
  • FinnBjerke
     :#  Two Laptops I have destroyed screen by being careless. One have battery removal manually. The other one not so.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    For your inconvenience,  you first have to remove the ODD & HDD moduleson the bottom 1 screw for the ODD so it'll slide out, 3 for the HDD door so it'll open. Then more screws holding the HDD. Then the back cover with 17 screws has to come off. Then you might be able to pull the battery plug off the mainboard and wiggle the thing out. Now doesn't that sound easy! Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• FinnBjerke
    Thank you for good info. I found a youtube video about dismantling this PC.  Im a little nervous over this... 

How about letting the battery just die and the take new screen ? Is that too risky? 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    FinnBjerke 
    It is recommended to disconnect the battery before replacing any parts on your laptop . You need to remove the base cover (17) screws, Carefully pry up the base cover starting from the left corner of the system, Grasp and remove the base cover from the system.  Find the battery pack in the system, Disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard connector, Remove the battery pack from the system.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>How about letting the battery just die and the take new screen ? Is that too risky?  >>>

They usually aren't fully drained when Windows does a critical level shutdown. So, yes, it's risky. But I've done it before on other models when replacing the video & cam ribbon cable combination. Just be very careful the cable ends don't touch anything but the mother-, inverter- and videocam boards. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• FinnBjerke
    Thnak you for very good information.  

May I ask Sharanji Is the Battery pack marked A with yellow Ribbons on the Photo ? 

Ok its risky, not to disconnect Battery ... I dont use Windows I use (and Love)  Ubuntu buts its probably the same regarding battery and shutdown. 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018
    FinnBjerke 
    The  yellow Ribbons on the Photo marked A  is the speaker cable that has to be disconnected before you remove the base cover.
    You need to open the base covert to view the battery.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!