Acer X34 Predator don't want wake up after deep sleep when connected via HDM + scanlines

Options
Wer3w0lf
Wer3w0lf Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I have problems with connection via HDMI - scanlines and the display does not wake up after a deep sleep. In case of connection of DP - everything is fine (at this moment my VGA in guarantee service and my MB haven't DP). The monitor already several times traveled on the factory to Taiwan and back, the display (matrix) replaced 3 times (2 times in Taiwan and 1 time in Lithuania, when it came with scratches from factory) - I am tired and sad a bit...

Answers

• Wer3w0lf
    Options
    X34 wake's up after deep sleep when i'm pushing any button on monitor.
    Forgot to ask a question - these listed defects - a norm?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi @ Wer3w0lf 

Please let us know the make and model of the computer that you have connected this monitor.
    What is the base Operating System running in your system?
    Have you connected the monitor to another computer and confirmed that the issue is with the monitor?
    Does it happen when using other display ports on the monitor?

• Wer3w0lf
    Options
    Asrock Z97 Fatal1ty (refurbished, my old Extreme 6 with "DP" is dead - chipset) + fresh installation of Win10 Pro. Now I have tried to connect it to Acer E5-575G (940MX) - i still see scanlines (tried to use FHD and 3.5k resolutions :) )
    When I used "Display Port" everything was fine at 60 hz (at 100 Hz + Gsync - scanlines ^^).

• Wer3w0lf
    Options
    + Now I have tried to connect AMD APU 6600k - it's support only FHD (black strips at left and right side)  - picture look a bit better/smoother, but still i can see "scanlines"...

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wer3w0lf 

Did you access the menu item which allows you to adjust the horizontal width and position of the picture?

The black strips at left and right side  seem to be an issue with display settings of the graphics card.
    Adjust your scaling options in the Nvidia Control Panel on your laptop and the border issue will be resolved.

Some monitors have an auto-configure button, try pressing that. It can help if there is one.
    Alternatively, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical screen adjustments on the monitor to move the picture around.

From the Nvidia Control Panel navigation tree pane, under Display, click Adjust desktop size and position to open the associated page. Click the image that represents your flat panel display, or non-HD digital display connected to the HDMI, DisplayPort, or DVI connector. Select Use NVIDIA scaling, then click Apply.
    Also try using Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio, then click Apply.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Wer3w0lf
    Options
    :) APU 6600k do not support 4k, it's another one my "office" PC without discrete VGA. There is no problems with scaling.
    Now i'm looking a discrete VGA with DP at my friends - almost no one have PC... :)
  • Wer3w0lf
    Options
    Hmmm, I found the scanlines issue when connected via HDMI cable - before I used HDMI cable it was overclocked to 100hZ when I used it with DP cable. I just made monitor RR and problem is solved. Then there is only 1 little lack - don't want to wake up after deep sleep when connected via HDMI. I need to push any button on monitor to activate it.

• DamirV
    DamirV Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    you should enable wake up on monitor (through it's setup)
  • Cristiyst
    Cristiyst Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Wer3w0lf said:
    Hmmm, I found the scanlines issue when connected via HDMI cable - before I used HDMI cable it was overclocked to 100hZ when I used it with DP cable. I just made monitor RR and problem is solved. Then there is only 1 little lack - don't want to wake up after deep sleep when connected via HDMI. I need to push any button on monitor to activate it.

Hey, did you found any solution? I have the same problem, I use like this since I have bought few months ago.. Acer predator x34 curved with my laptop Acer Aspire v15 Nitro ..
    After my screen goes in standby I have to turn off my monitor and strat again, this is very annoying.

Thanks.