Siddhar1h
Siddhar1h Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
So i recently bought the acer aspire a515-51g-5072 with following specs

i5 8250u
mx150
8 gb ram 2400
1 tb harddrive

But its not able to provide me with the full performance while running CS-GO . My fps drops from 250-300 to 100 fps within few seconds after loading the map.
After monitoring the hardware while running csgo , i found the processor to be the culprit. The clock speed of the processor locks to 1600 mhz after the loading of the map and causes the frame rates to drop .

I have updated all the drivers and bios and tried other several things but the problem still persists.
The clock speed of the processor stays at 3400 for the first few seconds after which it gets lock to 1600mhz and the fps drops. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does this happen when the charger is plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Which Power plan are you using? Go to Power Options and check whether you are on Balanced plan, if so try switching to High Performance plan, if you don't have High Performance plan available click, create a power plan in the left pane.

• Siddhar1h
    Siddhar1h Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:

Hi,
    Which Power plan are you using? Go to Power Options and check whether you are on Balanced plan, if so try switching to High Performance plan, if you don't have High Performance plan available click, create a power plan in the left pane.

JackE said:
    Yes this happens with the charger plugged in.
    And i have tried changing power plans, adding new power plans .

i have even tried using the realtemp app as mentioned in other questions to untick disable turbo (it was already unticked for me).
    I have seen other people also having the same issue with similar specifications with acer laptop .

The laptop is completely new and i also tried to change the thermal paste with a better quality one for resolving this issue . The temp are also normal.
  • Dadafin1234
    Dadafin1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi
    I had the same problem, have you tried installing throttlestop?
    try lowering the turbo ratio limits. I recommend these settings

you can also try to undervolt your CPU
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>But its not able to provide me with the full performance while running CS-GO . My fps drops from 250-300 to 100 fps within few seconds after loading the map.>>>

You're LCD's refresh rate is likely limited to less than 100Hz. So what actual visual affect do you notice when 300FPS drops to 100FPS? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ