Nitro 5 and audio input/output settings

Vitiare
Vitiare Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am using a Nitro 5 for my voiceover studio. I have my microphone plugged into a Focusrite 2i2, plugged into the usb slot on the machine. Windows says that the device is functioning correctly and I have the latest drivers for it. 

However when I have the 2i2 designated as the default device for recording and playback, I cant get any playback of youtube videos or sounds to play. The Youtube videos literally do not play at all. 

Trying to test the mic settings through skype was also a problem. Skype doesnt recognize the mic if I have both the mic and the speakers set to the 2i2.

If I switch the windows playback settings to one of the other options, like the Realtek High Definition Audio Device - videos play and sounds play fine, but only through the laptop speakers. 

My previous laptop used the 2i2 for both input and output and I was able to hear sounds played back through the 2i2 into my headphones. Ever since getting this new laptop about 2 weeks ago, I've been plagued with audio problems. 

I've checked power settings, device settings, reset applications to default, etc. I've contacted Skype tech support thinking it was something on their end, but exhausted all possible suggestions from them. 

Any ideas on what Im doing wrong? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Ever since getting this new laptop about 2 weeks ago, I've been plagued with audio problems. >>>

If your Nitro has other USB slots, I'd try them. If still not joy, it's possible that you simply lucked out and got a lemon. After what you've tried so far and if it was mine, I wouldn't mess with it anymore and return it to the vendor for a replacement or refund ASAP. Because warranty repairs will take a lot longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Ever since getting this new laptop about 2 weeks ago, I've been plagued with audio problems. >>>

If your Nitro has other USB slots, I'd try them. If still not joy, it's possible that you simply lucked out and got a lemon. After what you've tried so far and if it was mine, I wouldn't mess with it anymore and return it to the vendor for a replacement or refund ASAP. Because warranty repairs will take a lot longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ