touch pad is not working

umairnatt
umairnatt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am using acer extensa ex2519, win 10 pro, model- N15W4. I had synaptics touchpad installed already on it. while partioning the hard disk I formatted my laptop and installed  windows 8.1. I installed all the drivers from my driver CD. but I am unabe to use synaptics touchpad. on the mouse at control panal only PS/2 mouse is shown. I am unable to use my touchpad how can I use ?Please help!!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited March 2018
    Open Device Mgr. Are there any red or yellow device drive warnings? If the touchpad is one of them, have Win8.1 search for an updated driver while connected to the internet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• umairnatt
    umairnatt Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Mgr. Are there any red or yellow device drive warnings? If the touchpad is one of them, have Win8.1 search for an updated driver while connected to the internet. Jack E/NJ

there are yellow devices but they do not have any name. only five unknown devices
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Then let Win8.1 search the internet to try to get all of them updated.  Also in Device Mgr, under mouse and other pointing devices, does the trackpad show up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ