Acer Aspire Laptop No life.

Options
ozon14
ozon14 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

My Laptop liquid spill, even after changing motherboard it turn on once but after that no life !!`

‎03-12-2018 09:20 PM

Product Name: Acer Aspire E5-571
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Acer laptop, had a liquid spill and totally dead. I replace the motberboard even after replacing motherboard it doesnt show any life. I thought there might be other possiblities 1. either dc power jack, 2. on-off swithch.

After replacing dc powre jack, it turn on for a while and show the message " there is no o.s. " that was quiet normal as i remove hard drive from it.

After putting all screws and close down the laptop, it didnt start, i thought might be dc jack i replace got currupt as i didnt install properly. I bought another dc jack and replace with the first one. Again it start for few seconds and again no life.

Please advice me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advace.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    ozon14 
    Was the laptop plugged in during liquid spill?
    Please check the charger on another device to make sure it is working fine.
    Also, disconnect the battery and hard disk, plug in only the charger and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ozon14
    ozon14 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thanks sharanji.

Hi,

till now i did the following thing.

I am using universal charger to turn the laptop on, as i don't have original charger that come with it.
    1. it was not plugged in while spill.
    2. Remove the old motherboard, hard drive, battery, original dc jack.
    3. Install new motherboard, fan, cpu, dc jack, and tried to turn on, it was turning on for few second once and dead again.

I don't know but is there any place on motherboard where i can discharge static before i turn on or do i need to do anything else on motherboard to make it working because this motherboard is totally new purchase and i doubt it is faulty.