VSync and NVIDIA control panel

Lyon
Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys,

i am an owner of G9-591, HD530 + 970M combo. Question is - anybody knows, how to enable VSync through NVIDIA control panel? Better said, how to force games to respect this setting? All games are ignoring it. I tried everything with no luck, did many googling and the only indication i have found is, its somehow related to integrated Intel HD. So i adjusted settings in Intel HD settings panel, but... Any ideas? Anybody got it working?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try enabling v-sync from both nvidia control panel and intel hd control panel. Make sure that v-sync is enabled from the game settings as well.

This is how it should be set from nvidia control panel:

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Lyon
    Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    From what i read, this should work - enabling VSync in NVIDIA panel, switch VSync in Intel HD to "Use driver settings" (dont know the exact translation, i use Czech language) and DISABLE Vsync ingame (enabling Vsync ingame overrides NVIDIA control panel settings). But its not working.

Enabling VSync in NVIDIA control panel and disabling ingame is working for desktop computer, where Intel HD is disabled in BIOS. So the culprit is (to 99%) incorrectly configured Intel HD graphic.

• The_Bruh
    The_Bruh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi guys! I use Acer Nitro 5 with NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050, Intel i5 8th gen and 4gb RAM. I got a problem when playing games such as GTA V, CS:G0, Assasin Creed Origins and lots more. Anybody had suggestion on how to improve my laptop performance without add more RAM? I mean the easy way such as a file that can be download? Help me guys :)
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can't expect games that require at least 8GB RAM to run on 4GB. There is ni other solution, but to add more RAM.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    The_Bruh said:
    Hi guys! I use Acer Nitro 5 with NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050, Intel i5 8th gen and 4gb RAM. I got a problem when playing games such as GTA V, CS:G0, Assasin Creed Origins and lots more. Anybody had suggestion on how to improve my laptop performance without add more RAM? I mean the easy way such as a file that can be download? Help me guys :)
     4 GB RAM is barely enough for even windows to run properly. Push it to 16 or alteast an 8.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045