edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
hello i have problem with 
Acer Predator XB271HUTbmiprz 

can you help me ?

Answers

• jaroycz
    jaroycz Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    most visible is it on gray colour ( my english sucks) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Could you please edit your screenshot to encircle or point out the problem gray spot? Because I cannot see it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaroycz
    Options
    check yes d
  • jaroycz
    Options
    check this too please
  • JackE
    Options
    No. I still don't see it on my laptop's screen. It must be very faint. However, I do see a much larger gray spot on the smaller screen above the grayscale pictures you posted on March 9. I zoomed in on that and outlined what I could see below. This seems to be a problem in the grayscale picture files on the website you're downloading them from since the spots look to be in different locations on your monitor. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaroycz
    Options
    how i can fix this ?
  • JackE
    Options
    I can see the red arrow. But can't see what screen issue in the sky that it's pointing to. Even on my external monitor. I can faintly see lenticular clouds in the upper left hand corner. What do you see at tip of the red arrow? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaroycz
    Options
    can you see it now ? its time to send monitor back ?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes but only if I tilt my monitor about 30 degrees, not head on. I also see a white spot. Is it possible for you to take the screenshot, then crop a small portion that seems uniform and save it as a grayscale image file? Then project that file full screen to see if the artifact still exists? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jaroycz
    Options
    white spot is cursor, but you choose good error area
  • fluidz
    fluidz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi Op, I see the spot, and its pretty dark compared to the rest of the screen.  I would contact acer for a repair, who will most likely swap the panel out, or rma it.
  • JackE
    Options
    I still would like to see a full-screen projection of the cropped file just to make sure the artifact is real. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I am taking somewhat of a guess here, but this looks like liquid crystal layer not being uniform - probably due to some bad/not enough mix when it was poured. You basically see a difference between slightly different composition of LC, causing slightly different light transmission.

This almost certainly will need a replacement panel.

• Cptn
    Cptn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem on the left side of my Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz.
    jaroycz, has your screen been fixed from acer?