Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

compatible upgrade for Nitro 5 AN515-51 70V4

KJVGSKJVGS Posts: 2Member New User
edited March 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello everyone,
I am wanting to upgrade my nitro 5 RAM ,SDD and HDD. I have been to the Crucial website and used their scanner but they say they have nothing compatible with my system.
However, when I use the Advisor tool on the Crucial website I find compatible RAM and SSD for Aspire N515-51 70V4. Is this the same as AN515-51 70V4?
I am brand new to Acer and I'm loving this machine and especially the SSD.
Is it possible to replace the HDD with SSD?
My System is as follows:
Intel i7 7700 HQ
16 GB DDR4 RAM
1TB 5400 RPM SATA Drive
256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti graphics with 4 GB graphics memory
Any help will be much appreciated. I use this for graphics and video work.
I want to upgrade the RAM to keep up with Adobe and their updates to their programs.
Improving the drives will help as well.
Thanks in advance , Brent

Best Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,775 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade the memory up to 32GB with DDR4 2133/2400MHz SODIM modules, you can also upgrade the HDD to a SSD, in fact it will be an ideal upgrade because you have 256GB M.2 SSD which has the OS and it's better to have SSD for storage as well.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,775 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You are welcome :)
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,775ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade the memory up to 32GB with DDR4 2133/2400MHz SODIM modules, you can also upgrade the HDD to a SSD, in fact it will be an ideal upgrade because you have 256GB M.2 SSD which has the OS and it's better to have SSD for storage as well.
  • KJVGSKJVGS Posts: 2Member New User
    Thank you very much. I will do just that.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,775ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    You are welcome :)