ACER ASPIRE 4315 Bios update

Options
K4rim
K4rim Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Can somebody convert or do something to this old BIOS i attach in this post to work with window 7 64-bit.
need to upgrade bios because i wanna change this old cpu Intel Celeron M 540 to Core2 T5500,
old bios version phoenix v1.07 while the latest one v1.15 only up to Vista 64-32 bit no window 7,

try to flash old bios before but error popup

my os info

i try flashing bios use usb stick in DOS mode but got stuck in bios logo screen, try everything to fix this but notting work, think because usb not support boot from old bios,
any help/guide very appreciated!

Answers

• K4rim
    Options
    SOLVED
    Soution: DUAL boot vista & 7
  • IsTereka
    IsTereka Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    K4rim said:
    SOLVED
    Soution: DUAL boot vista & 7
    How did you do it? Share please  ;)
  • IsTereka
    edited March 2018
    Options
    After replacing the processor to T5500, the notebook turns off after 2-3 seconds

• KK4PGM
    KK4PGM Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Joined just to be able to comment here.
    I too am running into this problem attempting to upgrade to BIOS version VV2-115 & after multiple attempts of both downloading & running the application in both low key & as administrator I still continue to get the same error message.
    Same computer, Aspire 4315 with a T9900 currently in hand awaiting to be installed from the 530 (1.73) that is in it.
    I have uprgraded the RAM to 3GB, running Win 7 64bit.
    80HDD will be the last thing to upgrade, looking towards SSD.
    Back to point, this seems to be a common issue seeing as ive spent hours of the last 2 days searching through various forums but with little to no solutions.
    Im hoping to challenge/pick the brains of anyone with this experience, thanks in advance.
  • K4rim
    Options
    Sorry to person that PM me and for this late reply:

Here i attach moded acer 4315 1.16 from original 1.15 (also work for acer aspire 4715z)
    -unlock hidden menu Vt-x, EIST  etc..

i lost the bios that i already update the cpu microcode version (t7xx.,t8xx,t9xx)to but
    here file that left in my hard drive, it ok too.

flash this BIOS at your RISK because this was Bios was modified version
    how to flash- search google "how to flash phoenix bios dos
    there many instruction out there..

right now im running t9500 from t5550 last upgrade cya!!

• IsTereka
    Options
    K4rim said:
    Sorry to person that PM me and for this late reply:

Here i attach moded acer 4315 1.16 from original 1.15 (also work for acer aspire 4715z)
    -unlock hidden menu Vt-x, EIST  etc..

i lost the bios that i already update the cpu microcode version (t7xx.,t8xx,t9xx)to but
    here file that left in my hard drive, it ok too.

flash this BIOS at your RISK because this was Bios was modified version
    how to flash- search google "how to flash phoenix bios dos
    there many instruction out there..

right now im running t9500 from t5550 last upgrade cya!!

T5500 does not work with this firmware(((
  • Dragonleo
    Dragonleo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    K4rim said:
    Can somebody convert or do something to this old BIOS i attach in this post to work with window 7 64-bit.
    need to upgrade bios because i wanna change this old cpu Intel Celeron M 540 to Core2 T5500,
    old bios version phoenix v1.07 while the latest one v1.15 only up to Vista 64-32 bit no window 7,

my os info

i try flashing bios use usb stick in DOS mode but got stuck in bios logo screen, try everything to fix this but notting work, think because usb not support boot from old bios,

Yo e probado la aser 4315 con windos 10 procesador m530 (64nm)de 1.8 ghz y 2 gb de ram a 32 bits con 240gb de dosco duro hhd  y a la justas me daba youtube a 720p con las justas y me traeron un procesador intel core 2 duo t5670(64nm) de 1.8ghz y me prendio sin problemas en 7 segundos  con bios de fabrica 1.15 stock y me funciono perfecto lo cual me confirma q solo es buscar los procesadores de la misma generacion o el año donde salio modelo 
     https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Celeron_M/530_(Socket_P).html
  • Dragonleo
    Dragonleo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Dragonleo said:
    K4rim said:

my os info

Yo e probado la aser 4315 con windos 10 procesador m530 (64nm)de 1.8 ghz y 2 gb de ram a 32 bits con 240gb de dosco duro hhd  y a la justas me daba youtube a 720p con las justas y me traeron un procesador intel core 2 duo t5670(64nm) de 1.8ghz y me prendio sin problemas en 7 segundos  con bios de fabrica 1.15 stock y me funciono perfecto lo cual me confirma q solo es buscar los procesadores de la misma generacion o el año donde salio modelo 
     https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Celeron_M/530_(Socket_P).html
    Recalco q me dio el video en youtube hasta 1080p en 60 fps sin problemas con el t5670 core duo de 1.8ghz con 2 mb de cache l2 y salio perfecto