Acer CB 14 CB3-431 Edgar

xnerdphreakx
xnerdphreakx Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just did a Power wash, I assumed that would clean out the onboard 32GB flash drive...

Yet now it reports only 1.6GB of available space...

How do I get a more complete picture of the onboard storage situation???

Thanxxx GuyZ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Power wash essentially re-sets OS. Try entering "file:///C:/" without the quotes in the address bar. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OMSM
    OMSM Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Power wash essentially re-sets OS. Try entering "file:///C:/" without the quotes in the address bar. Jack E/NJ

Unfortunately even-after I enter that in the address bar it only gives me this message: "

Access to the file was denied

The file at file:///C:/ is not readable. It may have been removed, moved, or file permissions may be preventing access.

ERR_ACCESS_DENIED" 

I think i just may return the chromebook & go back to apple... Chromebook has too many security vulnerabilities.
    Its clear that there is a hidden remote user on my chromebook who keeps changing my settings and wont allow me to access my core files/folders, so i think I'm wasting my time even trying-to fix the issue b/c apparently none of the support topic seem to address cyber-attack issues, which has become a much bigger problem than Acer would like to admit. 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Try this first. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enable-local-file-links/nikfmfgobenbhmocjaaboihbeocackld?hl=en

As for re-setting, don't expect too much more local space to result in a chromebook. ChromeOS notebooks are NOT like Windows or AppleOS notebooks.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ