HDMI OUTPUT stopped working.

hunkydory
hunkydory Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
                                                         You are subscribed to this thread
Hello i have a ACER E3-112 notebook/laptop, Intel HD Graphics.  for the past 3 or 4 months  it has been connected to a Matsui TV  with no problems, one night in january i had to leave the house suddenly tripped on the hdmi cable closed laptop lid unplugged hdmi cable and that was that. to my knowledge nothing has been dislodged in lappy,  there where no updates that night, i have tried a lot of things Drivers, different cables, resetting windows, internal checks, but it will not extend or duplicate to tv anymore. Any Ideas??

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,817 Trailblazer
    Have you tried to turn the Mitsui on with the Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 toggle key combos? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nice4What
    Nice4What Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have a problem with my laptop like this.

TV connected to older acer worked a charm with HDMI forever. Then I got a new acer, coincidentally, or not, the HDMI cable stopped working. Thought "It must be a cheap cable anyway." So bought a new cable. Tested the new cable with new laptop and it connects to the TV. BUT.

Sound is crackly rendering it unusuable for watching or listening to anything, and the video speeds up and slows down rendering even watching stuff on MUTE useless. Tried several cables, tried the new laptop on another TV and admittedely it works, but everything broke down with the introduction of the new laptop. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Any ideas?
  • JackE
    @momoskrilla >>>tried the new laptop on another TV and admittedely it works>>>

This suggests to me that the HDMI jacks on the older TV need to be re-seated with the older HDMI cable plugs a half-dozen or so times to try to clean their internal connector contacts. They apparently have some slight corrosion. Not unusual. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hunkydory
    hunkydory Member Posts: 2 New User
    ok so the slowblow fuse had blown in the matsui monitor gave up then my friend gave me a tesco Technika monitor, it has 2 hdmi ports unfortunately only allows pc connection through vga, so i bought a hdmi to vga adapter but the monitor is not being picked up by acer aspire e3-112 so annoying knowing that it was great in the past, is it windows update problem maybe?
  • JackE
    @hunkydory >>>is it windows update problem maybe? >>>

Possibly. Check for an automatic update restore point just before the problem started. However, if it's been more than about a month that restore point has probably been deleted already by the update process. Then the only option is to re-set the system to factory default to rule in or rule out a HDMI hardware issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Daas-4-Acer
    Daas-4-Acer Member Posts: 3 New User
    My HDMI output to my LG monitor stopped working suddenly when I was trying to play a game. Are there drivers available to fix the issue? Could it be related to a graphics card problem? 
  • JackE
    @Daas-4-Acer Try turning the monitor on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo. If still no joy, try HDMI out to a TV to rule out/rule in a monitor issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ