Helios 300 Black screen!!!

Options
Mizrael
Mizrael Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2018 in Predator Laptops
I have just recently bought this laptop, because my old desktop Predator G3 has been “killed” by a windows update, putting it into an endless restart loop.

Anyway...after switching it off 2 days ago, i’ve noticed it took a little unusually long to turn off.
afterstarting it up today, i got to the log in screen,where i typed my password, hit enter and the computer loaded suspiciously long to “think” about the login and the it went to a black screen with just the white mouse pointer.

If i hold the power button it brings up the “acer power options” where i can restart,sleep,shut down. i can even run the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and it seems like the windows is running. WTH?!

I didn’t use any external monitors by my last use, Fn+F5 does nothing...

I’ve spent quite alot of money on this thing and it’s rather upsetting to see that it has been killed AGAIN! by some stupid software issues, just like my previous predator. i don’t feel like getting some USB file walkarounds or other emergency solutions...Why can’t it just run as it should?! it worked for less than 3 months and i’m facing some trouble again!!! my trust in Windows (and acer products) has now been completely broken :(

maybe i should just get some apple, because my wife never had such trouble with her macbooks...how dares microsoft sell such a BS product, which just breaks computers?

Best Answer

• Mizrael
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oh nevermind. i’ve managed to get to a restore point from few days ago via the Alt+F10 recovery.
    Still i would love to understand: why do such things happen? was it a corrupt graphic driver? so frustrating...

Answers

• Mizrael
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oh nevermind. i’ve managed to get to a restore point from few days ago via the Alt+F10 recovery.
    Still i would love to understand: why do such things happen? was it a corrupt graphic driver? so frustrating...
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    It just sounds like to me, this is a corrupted WIndows because it was resolve by the restore point. 
    Things can happen due to forced shut down, or and even malware.. 
  • Mostafamah
    Mostafamah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi, just got my new laptop toda , the exact issue happned to me !
  • NkSingh
    NkSingh Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2022
    Options

Is any body listening from Acer Customer support team, I m facing same issue my acer predator halios 300 laptop screen goes black after login.

It takes 20-30 min to boot. After that it working fine.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

This is a peer to peer support forum. It is not monitored by Acer for technical issue or questions.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • TBNTS
    TBNTS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same issue I also have got but its take some time for booting after that my system is alright. For the handyman services visit the TBNTS Handyman