Alot more than DP display issues

rlsomrak
rlsomrak Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 23 in 2018 Archives
I have the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X Video Card. Recently I purchased the Acer Predator Nvidia G-sync monitor and also purchased a Display Port to Display Port cable. Previously I had an LG monitor connected via display port to HDMI cable and TV hook up as HDMI to HDMI. Also originally I had the Acer monitor hooked up with HDMI to HDMI.  

So after installing the DisplayPort x2 cable to get the most out of the card/monitor with the LG monitor still attached, I got no picture out of the Antec Monitor. So in order to get a picture out of the Acer Monitor I had to remove all other cables from the video card. I really need to get back to dual monitor. The only combo that I have not tried is HDMI to HDMI to the LG monitor or DisplayPortX2 to the LG.  Right now I dont have another DPx2 cable or and HDMI cable that is long enough to reach the LG.

What should I be doing after getting utterly frustrated, lol? But if this does not get resolved I will have to send back and otherwise I really like the picture on this monitor
Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I dont have another DPx2 cable or and HDMI cable that is long enough to reach the LG.>>>

Would returning the monitor be a better resolution than getting a long enough cable? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ