ACER Predator XB272 not working thru Thunderbolt/MiniDisplayPort

Spyro_
Spyro_ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I have bought an ACER Predator XB272 (27", 1080p, 240Hz, G-SYNC, ULMB).

When connecting it to my laptop's (CLEVO P377SM-A, GeForce GTX 980M, Windows 10) Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort 1.2) port, using an Accell VESA certified MiniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, it doesn't work at all (shows "No signal" on screen). The laptop detects that something is connected tho, coz it applies the multimonitor settings. It has the graphics card and port drivers installed.

I have done a number of different tests and now I know the problem. Tests I have done:
- Connect the laptop to the monitor using HDMI: It works.
- Connect the laptop to the monitor using a MiniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable: Does not work.
- Connect the laptop to a different monitor (ASUS VG248QE 144Hz) using the same MiniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable: It works.
- Connect a desktop PC to the monitor using a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable: It works.
- Connect the laptop to the monitor using a different MiniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable: Does not work.

The problem is: this monitor works when connected to a DisplayPort but not when connected to a MiniDisplayPort, I have no idea why, it's the most obscure thing I have ever seen.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I will have to return it if cannot fix it, since my laptop only has Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt).