Error 0011 - Iconia One 10 B3-A40 won't update

Options
guarisma
guarisma Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I keep getting Error 0011 trying to upgrade my new Acer iconia One 10. 
It says "Failed to update due to network or server problem, Please try again later.  0011"

I've tried rebooting, inserting a MicroSD card and rebooting again and nothing.

My Internet connection seems fine.

This table is brand new and came with Image version: Acer_AV0N0_B3-A40_REV07RC01_WW_GEN1, and it's been asking for an update for a few days.
I 'm having issues also casting to my chromecast, the tablet keep loosing the connection to it while my phone and other devices work fine.
I'm about to return this tablet to the store if things don't improve soon enough.

Answers

• Tulpe84
    Tulpe84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey

Same problem! If try some different ways...
  • JETTY48
    JETTY48 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same here Just got my tablet for coppledays
  • kandl
    kandl Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Exact same problem here.  Downloads Google updates and other files just fine but won't connect to Acer Live Updater servers even after factory reset. Had the new tablet about a week.
  • matlock
    matlock Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with the update. Error 0011.
  • matlock
    Options
    Just talked with Arianna from Acer support. "There is an internal error with the server recently, try to update in a week". Said that she would escalate the situation to see what Google and them can do.
  • reimroc
    reimroc Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Having same probs. B3-A40 .2 months old 
  • reimroc

Tinkerer

Options
    I was on live chat . One person suggested I contact software company (Android). The other 
    suggested I wait and try again later , but no definitive answer .
  • Tulpe84
    Tulpe84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    reimroc said:
    I was on live chat . One person suggested I contact software company (Android). The other 

Great suggestions! This is a realy bad support! I hope the problem can be solved.
  • alpetej
    alpetej Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Had my new tablet just two days ago. Tried everything (restart, reset to factory settings, change wi-fi network, insert sd card), but nothing worked. It seems to me a problem on their server or on the Acer Live Updater. This model is very recent, I guess there's not even a real update available.
    I'm very satisfied with this device so far, but this is kind of annoying... I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to update it.
  • reimroc

Tinkerer

Options
    Just talked to a real person on the phone . Told me to factory reset , then try again (ain't happening). Then to contact Android people . Starting to realize why I had Microsoft and Samsung before . Cheaper price , poor help . I would think Android and Acer would be backing each other . Guess not!!!!
  • kandl
    Options
    I don't understand why contact the Android people when Google's stuff is updating just fine?  It's Acer's updates that aren't working, and the problem seems to be their servers.  

Easy fix for me:  the return label's printed off and it's going back by the end of the week if the problem isn't fixed at Acer's end.

Thanks to the folks who have talked to the Acer peeps.  I wouldn't've had the patience!
  • guarisma
    guarisma Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    reimroc said:
    This is not an Android/Google problem, it's an Acer problem, they are responsible of building and distributing the firmware of their devices from the sources Google provide.
    Either there isn't really an update available, or as other suggested, the Acer Update Server is not working properly at this time.
    I will wait this week, if the issue is not solved or explained, this tablet is going back to the store.
  • Dsteel
    Dsteel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem and when I am searching on Google my screen flashes then goes black. I will keep checking back to see if anyone gets a resolution.
  • Hannerein25
    Hannerein25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Ich habe genau die gleichen zwei Probleme wie User Dsteel: Error 0011 beim Update von Acer und blinkender schwarzer (oder weisser) Bildschirm bei Google Suchergebnissen. Alles schon seit mehreren Tagen (Wochen?)!!!
  • reimroc

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi all.  Just tried system update again. it has downloaded and is installing.  Fingers crossed.  
  • reimroc

Tinkerer

edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi all . Just tried again and system update downloaded and installed . All seems ok . It was Android's network .
  • kandl
    Options

reimroc said:
    Hi all . Just tried again and system update downloaded and installed . All seems ok . It was Android's network .
    Great, thanks! I just downloaded and installed with no problems too.  Nice to have a more recent security patch.
  • Rainy
    Rainy Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited February 2018
    Options

It was just security update and no new feature ?
  • matlock
    Options
    Security update and bug fixes. Works now.
  • Willisshooting
    Willisshooting Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    guarisma said:
    I keep getting Error 0011 trying to upgrade my new Acer iconia One 10. 
    It says "Failed to update due to network or server problem, Please try again later.  0011"

I've tried rebooting, inserting a MicroSD card and rebooting again and nothing.

My Internet connection seems fine.

This table is brand new and came with Image version: Acer_AV0N0_B3-A40_REV07RC01_WW_GEN1, and it's been asking for an update for a few days.
    I 'm having issues also casting to my chromecast, the tablet keep loosing the connection to it while my phone and other devices work fine.
    I'm about to return this tablet to the store if things don't improve soon enough.