driver is unavailable - wireless mouse (Logitech + Trust)

lsov
lsov Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

my wireless mouse went motionless (Logitech). changed battery then tried to reinstall and got the message that driver is unavailable. same happened to a new mouse as well (Trust.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me.

Many thanks

Answers

• ErikL
    ErikL Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. Do you have a solution or a reaction?

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    lsov 

Please let us know the model number of your computer that you have connected the wireless mouse.
    Also, let us know the model number of the wireless mouse.
    Does the mouse have a power switch on the bottom of the mouse?
    Does the USB receiver have a connect button?

The problem is likely to be a lost connection. 
    The connection between the mouse and the Unifying USB receiver can be lost due to several reasons.
    Try connecting the USB receiver for your mouse from one port to another 
    If you have another computer, try plugging in the USB receiver and check the mouse.
    Also, check if there are any devices with exclamation mark in device manager.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Justfly7
    Justfly7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have exactly the same problem. Mouse just stopped working, saying that the driver was unavailable. Now I can't use any mouse but my touchpad. Any mouse I try to connect and it states that the driver is unavailable. I tried all usb receivers, that did not help. Troubleshooting did not help. In device manager I can see that my mouse setting have the exclamation mark. I tried to update the driver for it, but then got a message stating that the driver cannot be found. What else could I do?
  • zlatanlex
    zlatanlex Member Posts: 1 New User
    You need to update it!
  • PEACHES53
    PEACHES53 Member Posts: 2 New User
    lsov said:

Hi,

my wireless mouse went motionless (Logitech). changed battery then tried to reinstall and got the message that driver is unavailable. same happened to a new mouse as well (Trust.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me.

Many thanks

• PEACHES53
    PEACHES53 Member Posts: 2 New User
    MY LOGITECH IS DOING THE SAME THING. HELP, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING
  • Athabasca
    Athabasca Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the exact same problem, nothing I have done has helped.  Also purchased a new Logitech mouse, says the Logitech Unifying Receiver - driver is unavailable. I have an Aspire ES 15, and a Logitech M325 mouse.  There is no power switch on the mouse or on the USB receiver, have tried multiple ports several times and have "matching" exclamation points in the device manager.  Any ideas community?  Would this be related to a possible recent Windows type update?  There was an update Thursday night Mar 1st and Friday Mar 2nd the mouse was not working.  
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

This issue is an driver related issue and it looks like is coming from the Logitech side. My recommendation is uninstalling all the drivers (Mouse/Touchpad) on the device manager that have an exclamation symbol  and visit Logitech support site for downloading and installing the correspondent driver http://support.logitech.com/en_us/category/mice-and-pointers#1main-a once this is done, please re-start your computer and see if the issue is fix, if the issue persist you will need to get in contact directly with a Logitech tech support agent for better assistance. https://support.logitech.com/en_us/contact-support

Athabasca here is yours - http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-mouse-m325/downloads 

I hope this helps,
    Acer-Manny