USB-C charging on Acer Nitro 5?

GE3
GE3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2018 in Nitro Gaming
Can I get confirmation whether the USB-C port on a Nitro 5 model AN515-51-77AB can be used to charge the laptop itself, and if so what the required charger specs would be? I've done some searching on the site and out in the Internet and can't seem to find a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This device doesn't support charging via the USB-C port.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Here's the link for compatible devices:

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43000/~/can-i-charge-my-acer-product-with-a-usb-c-adapter

Your model is not mentioned here so, no.
    Hope that helped you.
  • GE3
    GE3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you both for taking the time to answer, and especially to you gr_reaper_20 for providing the link to the devices list!
  • BIGBAMQ
    BIGBAMQ Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the an 515-45 ryzen 5 gtx1650 and it has USB charging on one of the 3.0 plug ins. If any of your ports have the battery sign next to it, then its charge ready Usb c is NOT one of them.if you zoom in you can see it. Mine is on the right side next to the hdmi. This feature will only work with the power off and its fast. I use a 8000mah 320 max amp car jumper battery pack made by type s around 75 bucks at Walmart and it will jump your car. Has usb 3.0 and Usb c out put and micro input for charging the unit. Over charge protection both ways. You can also buy pins that allow you to plug it in the charging port on the back of the laptop .3.5×6.5 inch size fits right im my bag. Glad I could help.