USB ports not recognizing my wireless mouse Acer Aspire ES1-531

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    If your wireless mouse is working again, you can just turn your WIFI connection off for now so Win10 updates can't sneak in. Click on the WiFi connection in the taskbar and just disconnect it for now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326
    mskelli326 Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

Options
    I went to control panel and searched for "restore point"....here is what it pulled up and I haven't done anything yet  (see attachment)
  • mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    MY MOUSE WORKS !!!  OK, so I've disconnected.  Can you see the attachment I included and what to do next?
  • JackE
    Options
    When you search for "restore point" in Control Panel, look for a phrase like 'create a restore point' under system headings. Then click on that and follow instructions to create or make your own restore point. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    It says "to create a restore point, first enable protection by selecting a drive and clicking Configure"...what drive am I wanting?   This is in the attachment I sent in my last message

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    And in the box below "protection settings" it has Acer (C:) (System) as available drives and the protection is set to "off"    do I need to change that or no?
  • JackE
    Options
    Leave it off for now. Try to create a restore point so you can turn the Wifi back on and not have to worry about an update messing the system up. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    I am so sorry for so many questions, I just don't want to do the wrong thing....here is the next box I get 
  • mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!  I am up and running with a restore point and everything!  Thank you so very much for your help!
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats! Since you've now made your very own restore point, it's probably safe to turn the system protection on. However, you should occasionally check to make sure that this Feb 20th restore point doesn't get deleted by some future Win10update. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    How would I go about doing that?
  • JackE
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search "restore point". Click on 'restore systems and files from a restore point' or similar phrase. Make sure the restore point is still there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    It shows System Restore, then says "you can undo system changes by reverting your computer to a previous restore point".  However, when I click on it, it acts like it wants to start restore again.  Afraid to do that cause I don't want to lose any info.  When I put "restore point" in the search box, nothing pulls up with the restore point date.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>t acts like it wants to start restore again.  Afraid to do that cause I don't want to lose any info. >>>

Heh-heh, I don't blame you. It'll ***likely*** give you the option of choosing the restore point before pulling the trigger. But with Win10 not quite 100% guaranteed.  So I'd leave it alone for now unless the problem resurfaces. Meanwhile, I'd say in a few weeks you might want to make another restore point if things seem to be going well just in case your current one gets deleted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mskelli326

Tinkerer

Options
    Great idea, thank you!
  • TepayAng
    TepayAng Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same thing happen to my Aspire 3 Core i3. Can anyone help me how to fix it?
  • JackE
    Options

This thread is over 4 years old. For better attention, please post your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ