Acer a515 51g aspire keyboard issue

mariavijay
mariavijay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2018 in Aspire Laptops
Hey there,
 It has been 4 months since i bought the laptop. From the past month the laptop keyboard malfunctions. Some keys such as "v,t,spacebar ,z and many more" are not working most of the time. They randomly work sometimes but mostly they dont. I tried booting in safe mode, resetting the laptop .I havnt spilt any liquid on the keyboard . I tried connecting my other usb keyboard and it works properly but not the laptops keyboard. The problem is with the laptops keyboard i guess? What should i do? I bought the laptop online. Should i go to a service centre? If yes , how to find one in my locality? Or are there any other methods i left out?

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to Device manager (Right click Windows logo), expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, go to Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • mariavijay
    mariavijay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager (Right click Windows logo), expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, go to Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    Tried it and it didnt work. The issue still persists . Thanks for trying.
  • zivze
    zivze Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here, random keys randomly refuse to work, and randomly start working again. Extremely annoying :confused:
  • chocolatequente23
    chocolatequente23 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue here. Aspire A515-51
  • vrakeshk7
    vrakeshk7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here too, gone through all troubleshooting methods, still the same problem arises, what to do next?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,087 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    If you all have tried reinstalling the keyboard driver and still not working properly, please contact Acer Support centre in your region, they might replace the keyboard.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • dfernand
    dfernand Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

yes for 1 month now same issue a few keys just never work or sometimes start working again and I have to use the virtua1 keyboard to get them to work Sometimes uninstalling the HID keyboard driver and the Microsoft Standard PS 2 driver fixes it but then it reverts with the prob1ems . The enter key, the comma key, the full stop key, the p key and the l key often just do not work.

On top of this the power camb1e random1y powers up or not depending how hard it is pressed in and despite getting a new power cable it doesn´t fix it.

This Acer Aspire A514-53 bought during c0vid 1ockdown is the worst 1aptop I have ever owned It is almost unusble .

Anyone got a fix for the keyboard at 1east ? I looked at driver updates, bios updates but that doesnt fix anything, taking it to an asus service center is not an option, if none can suggest anything this laptop i going in the bin and it is the last ACER product I will ever buy. I see on the forums that other people have been having similar issues since 2020 or so