Are there any Quad Core Processors that are compatible with an Acer Aspire 5334

bmeupscot50
bmeupscot50 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Community,

I've been making several upgrades to my Aspire 5334-2581. I've upgraded to an Intel Pentium T4500 CPU, a 256 GB SSD primary hard drive for the OS and a 1 TB SSHD hard drive for storage. I'm running Windows 10 Pro without any problems. In recent discussions with other Forum members I've discovered that the RAM can be increased from the original specs of 4 GB to 5GB ( . . . in the process of doing that now) and will be upgrading the WLAN to a dual band 5G compatible card. My question is . . . does anyone have any experience with upgrading from a Dual Core to a Quad Core processor for this MB? Just as a point of reference, I tried to upgrade to an Intel Core 2 Duo T9800 SLGES 2.93GHz Dual-Core CPU but the system powered up for only a few seconds before it shut down so the T4500 may be as good as it's going to get.

Thanks, 

bmeupscot50

Best Answers

• Derrell
    Derrell Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2018 Answer ✓
    Ok. Your Acer Aspire 5334 only supports up to 4 GB RAM. It does not support Quad-Core processors but it does support these Core 2 Duo processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 and the T7300

• Derrell
    Answer ✓
    That's very strange. The specs show it supports up to 4 GB but if it's capable of 5 GB then that's good for you. It doesn't matter how much RAM you add, the chipset for this laptop only supports up to Core 2 Duo. Certain laptops can upgrade from Dual-Core to Quad-Core but not this one. I hope that answers your question.

Answers

• Derrell
    edited February 2018
    Do you know what chipset your laptop uses or the name of the motherboard?
  • Derrell
    edited February 2018 Answer ✓
    Ok. Your Acer Aspire 5334 only supports up to 4 GB RAM. It does not support Quad-Core processors but it does support these Core 2 Duo processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 and the T7300

• bmeupscot50
    Thank you Derrell for your quick response and info. A follow-up question. In the event that one of our fellow forum members is in correct and the Aspire 5334 does accept the upgrade to 5GB of RAM would that change your response? Would 5 gigs allow for the use of a Quad Core or am I on a wild goose chase?

Thanks again.
  • Derrell
    Answer ✓
    That's very strange. The specs show it supports up to 4 GB but if it's capable of 5 GB then that's good for you. It doesn't matter how much RAM you add, the chipset for this laptop only supports up to Core 2 Duo. Certain laptops can upgrade from Dual-Core to Quad-Core but not this one. I hope that answers your question.
  • bmeupscot50
    Thanks Derrell!!! 
  • gtz
    gtz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Derrell!!! 
    hello!
    Could you tell ma what is the Bios version of your acer 5334
    I try to use t4500 but system doesn't started, only indicators.
  • gtz
    gtz Member Posts: 2 New User
    The reason was of BIOS. I've upgrated it and it's work =)
    from 1.02 version to 1.06