Acer Aspire E11 E3-112 after take out bios baterry no life signs

ProblemCreator
ProblemCreator Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello. I have a very serious issue with my Acer Aspire E11 E3-112. I had to upgrade my hdd to ssd, which I did. Everything ok! Then i tried to upgrade RAM from 2gb to 4gb, when I did that laptop wont turn on properly. It started up but screen was black, both lights (charging and hdd) were also on, but it just wont start.. after that i tried my old 2gb ram again and laptop started as normal... i wanted to make my just bought 4gb ram to run so i try put it in again, but the same happened - wont turn on just black screen and thats it... sooo, after that I took out cmos battery, waited for few minutes and then put it back in and using 4gb ram and then there is my story starting : Laptop wont turn on again, no lights : no charging and no hdd light. No reaction at all! Like dead and gone forever. Black screen not even the light up. Just gone. Dead! :( I might be able to tell my mistake as well - before i took out bios battery, i did not tur off laptop battery which is essential before upgrade ram or anything “bigger” than hdd... i have tried reset it, charge all the static current off my mother board, tried to run laptop without battery just using ac charger, no action... In small hope that ac charger is dead and battery 100% empty I tested my ac and it works just fine, so its not that as well.. i have no idea what else to do... i need to fix it and i believe it can be done! Please help me!!! :(

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018
    From the sounds of it, your original problem was you were trying to force RAM that was incompatible with your computer to work.  And now you fried the motherboard to make matters worse.

I did nearly the exact same thing about 15 years ago.  I was frustrated and didn't want to believe that I had bought incompatible RAM and in my persistence trying to get it to work....I fried it from static electricity.  And to make matters worse, it wasn't my computer.  I had to buy my friend a new computer.  It was an expensive lesson. I wish I had just gone to Crucial's website and run the system scanner and bought compatible memory.

http://www.crucial.com/

You can check youtube as there are lots of diagnosis videos, but it sounds like you've fried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BARoOCatviE

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ProblemCreator
    ProblemCreator Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jordan, thanks, for your time! But this is baaaad. I have to fix it! 😫😫😫
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Sorry, I don't have any more ideas......other than paying a computer repair shop.
    I'm not an Acer employee.