Low download speed with( nitro 5 AN515-51 )

Plym
Plym Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Hi ! I just purchased a nitro 5 AN515-51 but my download speed is extremely low. It's about 20 times less than the download speed I should have. It sometimes works normally during few minutes and then returned to very low speed. The speed is low only on this laptop, every other device works well on the Wi-Fi. I made sure every drivers was up to date, tried to uninstall and reinstall the wireless network adapter, but it doesn't change anything. 
Does anyone ever encountered this problem?  And maybe succeed to fix it ?

Thank you for your answer and sorry about my English, not my first language. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    Go to Control panel, Network and Internet, Network connections, click WiFi and click Properties, highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties, select "Use the following DNS server addresses", use Google DNS or Open DNS addresses and check whether it helps.
    OpenDNS address: Primary-> 208.67.222.222  secondary-> 208.67.220.220 and Google addresses as shown in my snip.

• Plym
    Thanks for your quick answer, but even though it seems a bit faster than it was, it doesn't solve the problem and the Wi-Fi is still way faster on my other devices if I compare. I forgot to mention that the upload speed seems normal.
  • Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand network adapters, highlight and right click WiFi card, go Properties and to Advanced tab, click Preferred band and try using different Band(2.4 or 5GHz) with drop down arrow.

• Plym
    Hi, thank you again for your kindness. Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I must add that pretty often, when I run a speedtest, the first speed values are normal and then quickly drop to extremely low ones. This, of course, does not happen with other devices.
  • Syed_mahmood
    Syed_mahmood Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been facing the same issue from past few days.did you found the solution for it? If you did please do let me know 
  • flyingbeaver8393
    flyingbeaver8393 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This hasn't helped me at all. I have a 1 gig connection which the computer shows as broadcasting 866.7 MB/s. When I do my speed test, my download speed is only 52.7 MB/s. I have had instances of my upload speed being higher than my download speed. (30.2 down vs 32.2 up) Whats going on here?
  • Lama
    Lama Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with same laptop! 
  • clg
    clg Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue, I went to best buy and they told me that I can't download a file with a size 287 Mb and watch a video in you tube at the same time in this laptop... really? it doesn't make sense. they told me the Norton is to heavy so I uninstalled the Norton antivirus and the problem is the same. Solution  for me ? return this laptop... 
  • Leewillis
    Leewillis Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have exactly the same problem. All other device download tests at around 37mb but my new acer nitro 5 is only pulling 3mbs. I have tried changing primary and secondary DNS as advised above, I have tried switching between 2.4mhz and 5mhz and also going through all widi channels. It seems to be a problem with the laptop only
  • Mayank47
    Mayank47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2022
    I recently brought a nitro an 515-56. The wifi was working at normal speed how it worked on other devices. With my laptop i got an upgrade for windows 11. As soon as I upgraded my laptop the wifi started working very slow. Kindly help to fix the problem