Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571 sticking at sign-in

katkisson
katkisson Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Guys,
Anybody know why my Acer chromebook 15 CB5-571 sticks after turning it on? I'll turn it on, and most of the time my name appears, and I try to type in my password, BUT, that's where the cursor sticks and everything else on the page sticks for 30 seconds or more. The internet can be turned off and it still sticks. I've tried resetting (the refresh button and the power off button). I've tried disabling the extensions. I've even tried going to the Beta Channel, hoping newer updates would help, but no, still sticks after turn on. I've tried Power Washing and have used the Chromebook Recovery Tool several times. Still the sign in page after turning on will stick for 30 sec or more. After the 30 sec. wait, everything works fine. hummmm What is this? It's driving me crazy.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Do you ever see the hang when running apps or just using it normally, or does it only happen when first powered up? Does it ever happen when waking from sleep?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    @katkisson ; You have now posted this issue on multiple threads & PMs. From now on, please respond to only one of the public threads that you started. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

>>>page sticks for a good 30 seconds or more.>>>
    >>>Chromebook Community>>>Beta Channel>>>Dev Channel>>>told me to send it as an "issue" to the Chromebook team, but I haven't heard from them either.>>>Two questions. (1) Does each new page stick or just on startup? (2) How many times have you sent a issue notice or report to the Chromebook team? Jack E/NJ >>>>

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>Hi, JackE, It only sticks at startup. After a 30 second or more wait, everything will start up fine, run fine, and shut down fine. Only on startup does it stick. I have only sent in one "issue" to the Chromebook team.>>>

Unless Billsey has another recommendation for resolving this issue, I suggest that you keep sending requests to the Chromebook team every day or so till someone there responds. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• katkisson
    katkisson Member Posts: 3 New User
    OK Thank you, JackE!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yep, I'm with Jack here. Likely it'll be some sort of issue with network connectivity, since that's the most common thing that has the long time out, but I can't think of what.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.