I am receiving FPS drops on my Acer Predator Helios 300 (G-573)

Options
Saad98
Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I come across lots of FPS drops while running games and even watching YouTube videos. Normally I play CS:GO on high setting and fps hovers around 140 on avg. When I try to watch videos on YouTube on full 1080p 60fps the whole screen of laptop freezes but I hear the sound going on. After that the screen goes black and after few sec the sound also stops. While in game (CS:GO) both the issue occurs (i.e. screen freeze and no sound). My laptop has core i5 (7th gen) processor, 8GB RAM. I also do not run chrome or else while gaming though; except Steam. Hope to get reply soon. Thanks in advance. :)

Best Answer

• AjayExtross
    AjayExtross Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sidkr97 said:
    Has someone found a solution yet ? i have an acer predator PH315-51 , 1050 ti nvidia, i used to play pubg in high to medium settings for about 3-4 months without any problems and suddenly from the past 2 weeks i get these constant fps drops like it hovers around 80-90 normally and suddenly drops to 0-10 range for 1-2 seconds , this happens very frequently i am so frustrated please some one help. i also get these microstutters while right clicking and on clicking the battery icons etc. :(
    My model is G3-572. It's just about a year old. I didn't have any problems all this time and it ran really smoothly but off late I've been experiencing the same problems of drastic random fps drops. Moreover, this seems to happen even when I'm streaming a video on Netflix, etc. in 1080P. I've updated the NVIDIA drivers from their website but to no avail. This is really frustrating. Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-other-info/p1

Try the suggestion at section 6 from the post above. Also update the BIOS to latest version 1.13.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Saad98
    Options
    ven98 said:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-other-info/p1

Try the suggestion at section 6 from the post above. Also update the BIOS to latest version 1.13.
    Actually I am scared of installing BIOS on my own. The issue is also that here in India where I live, there's no service center near me not even in few kilometers. BTW my laptop specs:
    Model Name: Predator Helios 300 (G-573)
    Processor: Intel Core i5 7th gen
    Graphics: NVidia GTX 1050ti
    Hope to get reply soon.
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    bhai bios update kardo koi masla nahen hoga
  • Ahmedkhanazhar
    Ahmedkhanazhar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I am also having the same problem while playing cs go, sudden game hangs sometimes, and sometimes no game hang no sound, and then become normal again. 
  • Ahmedkhanazhar
    Ahmedkhanazhar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    My laptop configuration is 
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    8Gb ram
    i7-7700HQ 
    and bios version is up to date 1.13
  • Fizz_Microfusion
    Fizz_Microfusion Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm also starting to have the same problem. I freeze when I'm in a match of CSGO and it lasts for 1-3 seconds, usually while in combat. When playing a competitive game like that, I can't trust my machine to deliver? It's not just games from today that freeze. I've played Fallout: New Vegas, a single player game from 2010 that crashes randomly after 5 minutes of playtime. How about Minecraft, A game from 2009? Crashes with an issue with the graphics driver. MINECRAFT? How do you crash on minecraft? Have you seen that game?

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
    CPU: i7 7700hq
    Ram: 16 GB
    BIOS is on version 1.13

I don't know what else to do. My laptop doesn't freeze on the home screen, or on chrome, although watching youtube in 1080p60 results in a freeze of the video, while audio continues to play. Or, I get temporary artifacts of pink and green when the video struggles to run at that high of a resolution making video watching very annoying. The whole point of this purchase was to allow me to watch videos and play games with ease. Instead I get crashes/ freezes/ and studdering (When the computer freezes in rapid succession). What's the point of playing anything competitively if my enemies have the edge against me because of my hardware, or have no fun when I must continue to Alt+f4 my game when it freezes and I cant do anything, or better yet, turn off my entire computer because the crashed game wont allow me to Alt-f4. Something is wrong if I cant run a game from 8-9 years ago.

It probably has to do with the graphics driver switching from the Intel integrated to the GTX 1060. That's the only explanation. I know its not the temperature, and I've tried to make it so the fan would not be blocked in any way. It's not the drivers because I've updated those as well as the BIOS. Is there any sort of application that can scan my computer for errors or something? Or do I have to call up acer support and ship it back so they can examine it for me? 

Agitated, but open for recommendations,
    Fizz
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Options
    It is a driver issue. This likely does have to two with the dual GPU system, but you shouldn't experience these issues.

If you have the G3-571, G3-572, or G3-573 (HElios 300) download IObit Driver Booster and let it update all your drivers.

If this does not work, I suggest performing a 'Reset this PC' via Windows, and reinstalling all drivers.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Devx
    Devx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have had my helios 300 for a couple of weeks now and for the first week I could run fortnite max settings at 120 fps but now I run max at 5 fps and low at 20-30 fps. I tried resetting the whole computer but it is still very low fps. Does anyone have any tips I should do?
  • Saad98
    Options
    ven98 said:

I tried that already but nothing worked. Also I think it is not because of the temperatures. Even on normal usage while browsing, emails, it still happens and the temp at that time is low. It happens continuously. I've updated everything and the solution from the link you quoted made it worse and so I reverted everything. Any other solution?

• Saad98
    Options
    It is a driver issue. This likely does have to two with the dual GPU system, but you shouldn't experience these issues.

If you have the G3-571, G3-572, or G3-573 (HElios 300) download IObit Driver Booster and let it update all your drivers.

If this does not work, I suggest performing a 'Reset this PC' via Windows, and reinstalling all drivers.

Skelo
    If I try this method, will I need to install Windows separately ?!? I hope to get your reply soon.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Saad98 said:
    If I try this method, will I need to install Windows separately ?!? I hope to get your reply soon.
    Resetting works like resetting phone - removes all user personalization and such, and reverts to factory settings.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Saad98
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Saad98 said:
    Resetting works like resetting phone - removes all user personalization and such, and reverts to factory settings.
    But what about all my data? Over that wahta about Windows OS? Will it get deleted too or what?
  • ThugLifescientist
    ThugLifescientist Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop is unplugged and I was playing gta V on ultra setting few moments ago then i saw fps around 15-20 then I changed the direct x setting to direct x 10 from 12 then i am getting around 28-35fps
  • sri369
    Options
    Saad98 said:
    sri369 said:
    Saad98 said:
    But what about all my data? Over that wahta about Windows OS? Will it get deleted too or what?
    Backup your data - there is no alternate to this. Also, it a good practice to backup all important data regularly, atleast once a month, to an external disk.

Resetting will reset windows, so it would stay.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Shashank_55
    Shashank_55 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop model is p315-51,  with the specs being 1050 ti, i5 8th gen and win 10. 
     I am experiencing severe fps drops in all the games i play, from old being far cry 3 to the newer titles, like PUBG. All of them give me nearly 80 fps max on high graphics settings, but the fps count drops to 18-30 every few  minutes, if not seconds. My laptop is a new one, being 4 days out of store, and  im using Nvedia GEforce Experience (or spmethin, forgot name) app for fps counter
    Also, i have downloaded (just) the turbo drivers and predatoe sense app ,   but when turning on turbo it dosent help much  in  improving overall quality fps. Im fairly new in all this, can someone help me understanding the problem or  possibly removing it? Thanks ;-)
  • Saad98
    Options
    My laptop model is p315-51,  with the specs being 1050 ti, i5 8th gen and win 10. 
     I am experiencing severe fps drops in all the games i play, from old being far cry 3 to the newer titles, like PUBG. All of them give me nearly 80 fps max on high graphics settings, but the fps count drops to 18-30 every few  minutes, if not seconds. My laptop is a new one, being 4 days out of store, and  im using Nvedia GEforce Experience (or spmethin, forgot name) app for fps counter
    Also, i have downloaded (just) the turbo drivers and predatoe sense app ,   but when turning on turbo it dosent help much  in  improving overall quality fps. Im fairly new in all this, can someone help me understanding the problem or  possibly removing it? Thanks ;-)
    I know right..... I am fed up with this issue. Atleast you get around 18 fps min but mine goes to 0 fps! Still I cannot find a solution for. Updated each and every driver nothing special happened. I guess the GPU chokes in between. Also, this problem is only with certain customers and not with everyone. One of my friends own the same laptop with the exact same config as mine but his lappy runs buttery smooth. I wish to get a solution for this asap.
  • Saad98
    Options
    asad814 said:
    bhai bios update kardo koi masla nahen hoga
    I did it bhai but nothing good is happening
  • Sidkr97
    Sidkr97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has someone found a solution yet ? i have an acer predator PH315-51 , 1050 ti nvidia, i used to play pubg in high to medium settings for about 3-4 months without any problems and suddenly from the past 2 weeks i get these constant fps drops like it hovers around 80-90 normally and suddenly drops to 0-10 range for 1-2 seconds , this happens very frequently i am so frustrated please some one help. i also get these microstutters while right clicking and on clicking the battery icons etc. :(
  • sri369
    Options
    Did windows update your drivers?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Saad98
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Did windows update your drivers?
    C'mon man......who doesn't keep the drivers updated?! I literally first check any software updates as soon as i start my laptop. This issue is persistent since I bought the laptop. But I got to know after when I bought some games to play after months. This is still happening and mostly this choking issue happens in CS:GO. (No matter if the graphics settings are set on minimum and very low too)