Acer Pedator Helios 300 cuts off randomly on battery power

vonschick
vonschick Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 from amazon in November to replace my broken Acer Nitro Black edition. The Predator did not come with a second Hard Drive (D:), only with the SSD drive (C:). I installed the Seagate 1TB Hard Drive that was in my old Nitro Black. Everything seemed to work fine for about a month, then the predator started randomly cutting off every once in a while when on battery power. There is no error message; the power just cuts of in like a second no shutting down message or anything. When I boot back up it usually boots fine like nothing happened. It will also cut off sometimes when I turn it on with just battery power before it boots up. It never does it when plugged in. It always works perfectly. It is happening more often now.

I sent it in for repairs to Acer, but they told me to take the D: drive out as it didn’t come with the computer. They kept it for like 10 days, reloaded windows and said it was repaired. When I got it back, I ran it for a few days without a D: drive and it did seem to be fixed. Once I put the old Nitro D: back in the problem started again.

I just bought a new 2TB firecuda and installed that instead of the old Nitro 1TB drive, but the problem still persists. Does anyone know how to fix it or at least figure out what’s wrong with it or do I need to try to send it back to Acer again with the D: drive still in it?

Thanks!

Answers