Why touchpad multi gesture is not working on my Acer A515 51G laptop on window 10 ?

Options
theirfan
theirfan Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
multi gesture not working after install window 10 single 64x, my bios has been updated by service center & i have been also install synaptics but still its not working, only single touch is working at current.

Best Answer

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check if touchpad is set to advanced in BIOS and not basic.

Use the following steps to change your precision touchpad settings:

1. Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to turn your computer completely off.
    2. Power your system on and immediately press F2 on your keyboard when the Acer logo appears. Your computer should enter the system BIOS/UEFI.
    3. Use the arrow keys to select the Main menu.
    4. Scroll down to Touchpad and press Enter.
    5. Select Advanced or Basic and press Enter.
    6. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
    7. Press Enter to confirm the changes and reboot the computer
    Hope that helped you.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

theirfan 

This model uses a Precision Touchpad. You need to lightly tap the touchpad with two fingers to perform a 'right click'. Also, press the touchpad down, or lightly tap the touchpad with your finger, to perform a 'click', which will select or start an item. Quickly repeat the tap to perform a double tap or 'double click'. 

If you are not able to perform the above steps, check if the touchpad is turned on in windows settings. 

In the icon tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, select the Notifications icon to open the Notifications pane. Select All settings. Select Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Also, you can adjust the settings here. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• gr_reaper_20
    Answer ✓
    Options

1. Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to turn your computer completely off.
    2. Power your system on and immediately press F2 on your keyboard when the Acer logo appears. Your computer should enter the system BIOS/UEFI.
    Hope that helped you.
  • theirfan
    theirfan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thankyou man...
    Now its working..Thankx
  • gr_reaper_20
    Options
    glad i could help.
    Hope that helped you.
  • nen3i
    nen3i Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    after upgrading bios to 1.15 version the touchpad didn't work like it used to. I couldn't scroll with two fingers anymore, but this thread helped me to regain all the functions of the touchpad. 

thank you
  • Aspire5tobe
    Aspire5tobe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks man, i had the same problem and your solution fixed it.
  • Akashinde
    Akashinde Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    igr_reaper_20 said:

I have same problem on acer aspire e5 575 i tried above step but after that i couldn't able to see my cursor plz help
  • Hakimque
    Hakimque Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi guys, i solved the problem! The gesture is working on my E1 572 Acer Aspire on Windows 10 Pro. You just need to install TouchPad Synaptic driver by choosing Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10 in the option. 

Go to the Acer Support Driver,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Even though you're using Windows 10, just choose Windows 8 in the option but please choose the same bit. Win10 (64bit)=Win8(64bit). 

Then, there'll many drivers come out, choose the TouchPad Synaptic, download then install as usual. After restart the laptop, check on your taskbar, beside the volume icon,etc, you'll see Synaptic icon there. Then, click the icon and choose pointing device properties.

There, you will see many option, choose Device settings tab > settings... > then click all the gestures that do you want. That's it guys! 

• Hakimque
    Hakimque Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

• VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hakimque said:
    Hi guys, i solved the problem! The gesture is working on my E1 572 Acer Aspire on Windows 10 Pro. You just need to install TouchPad Synaptic driver by choosing Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10 in the option. 

Go to the Acer Support Driver,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Even though you're using Windows 10, just choose Windows 8 in the option but please choose the same bit. Win10 (64bit)=Win8(64bit). 

Then, there'll many drivers come out, choose the TouchPad Synaptic, download then install as usual. After restart the laptop, check on your taskbar, beside the volume icon,etc, you'll see Synaptic icon there. Then, click the icon and choose pointing device properties.

There, you will see many option, choose Device settings tab > settings... > then click all the gestures that do you want. That's it guys! 

Crazy why this works even though ACER has win10 drivers for the touchpad.  

Can you confirm if this worked for the ELAN Touchpad or just the Synaptics?

Thanks
  • karthik21199
    karthik21199 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks man helped a lot, saw many methods and videos online, tried to update the drivers, uninstalled and installed the drivers and what not, Nothing helped, I have lost the hope and was going to service centre for this issue, but this method... Man this made my day. Thank You.