Windows Camera upside down on main camera

tee_rit
tee_rit Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Windows Camera Software of my acer switch5 have problem upside down on main camera. So don't have this problem on other software. I try reset windows , reinstall windows camera , reinstall driver but it still have problem.

Windows Camera Result 

ManyCam Camera Result 

Skype Result

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

tee_rit

Did this issue happen after after any recent windows updates installed on your device?

Is it only the image or does the whiole screen orentation change when camera is turned On in windws app?

Please follow the methods below and check if that helps. 

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.  
    Type troubleshooting in the search bar > Select Troubleshooting > Select View all on the top left corner > Click on Windows Store Apps > Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter. 

I also suggest you to uninstall the Camera app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. 
    Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar > Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator > Enter the below command to uninstall the Camera app. 
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage                       
    After performing the above steps, install the Camera app from the Windows store. 

If you are still facing the issues, run the hardware and device troubleshooter. 
    Press Windows key +F to bring up the search Charms bar  Type Troubleshooter and press enter; click on the Settings tab below the search box > Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the view all button the left panel > Click on the hardware and devices troubleshooter and run it. 

Please post back the results.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ksXX
    ksXX Member Posts: 7 New User
    I have exactly the same problem. It worked properly the last time I checked so a recent update must have caused this
  • ksXX
    ksXX Member Posts: 7 New User
    Thank you Microsoft that it is only the stupid camera app! OneNote/office lens works. On Windows phone users had a similar issue with skype for months...
  • ndl318
    ndl318 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Wait for a update fix only
  • kfsteve00
    kfsteve00 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Exactly the same problem here. The uninstall/reinstall didn't work, nor did the troubleshoot/fix.

Any ideas?
  • sylvester134
    sylvester134 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The rear camera view of my Acer Switch 5 was initially upside down. After I updated the Bios - BIOS_Acer_1.06_A_A  (Software is located at Acer Switch 5 download site) , the rear camera view is now back to normal. Hope this method may help You all as well. 
  • MickoR
    MickoR Member Posts: 1 New User
    sylvester134, thank you!!