heating issues in acer nitro 5 spin

mounikesh
mounikesh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello guys recently i have brought acer nitro 5 spin gaming laptop everything seems to be good but one thing  im  bothered about is the temp of my laptop while playing games because i didnt get any additional software like acer predator sense and can anyone suggest me some accurate temperature  sensing    software (i have tried a lot softwares like real temp,coretemp,hwmonitor,speedfan cpuid )just to check how the heating system works  and is there any tool for acer nitro series  for using dual fans and monitoring all those stuff

Answers

• commender
    commender Member Posts: 2 New User
    you can stick to hwmonitor if you want personally i use intel extreme tuning software to monitor my temps and clockspeed.  You can also undervolt with it if you're experiencing overheating issues. I also use msi afterburner with the osd to monitor my temps in-game and such
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I recommend msi afterburner.
    Hope that helped you.
  • soapman88
    soapman88 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    any other ideas for a fix other than declocking a cpu?  just sounds like acer has awful and faulty design
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    it's quite normal for laptops to heat up, and if have metal finishing u ll feel a lot of heat.
    No need to underclock or undervolt anything as long as the temps don't exceed 90-95C while gaming.
    You can use msi afterburner for monitoring your temps simultaneously while gaming.It ll appear on the top corner or wherever you want it to be.

PS: make sure you provide proper passage for air to circulate through your laptop and everything will be alright.
    Hope that helped you.
  • Prakharverma
    Prakharverma Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2018
    Can anyone help me to underclock my CPU.... i5 8300h (acer nitro 5 ) with 1050ti...i tried every thing such as undervolting (-0.125v).... CPU temp reduces from 97-99c to 87-90℃ and that is still too hot .. only thing i can do is to underclock CPU from 3.9ghz to 3.5ghz  and I'm Shure it will help me ... i tried usinf intel XTU but it did not dive me any control over core clock..... please suggest me any other app to do so. (Note i cannot repaste coz i will loose my warranty)
  • Prakharverma
    Prakharverma Member Posts: 3 New User
    Prakharverma said: help in underclocking
    Can anyone help me to underclock my CPU.... i5 8300h (acer nitro 5 ) with 1050ti...i tried every thing such as undervolting (-0.125v).... CPU temp reduces from 97-99c to 87-90℃ and that is still too hot .. only thing i can do is to underclock CPU from 3.9ghz to 3.5ghz  and I'm Shure it will help me ... i tried usinf intel XTU but it did not dive me any control over core clock..... please suggest me any other app to do so. (Note i cannot repaste coz i will loose my warranty)

• Chillord
    Chillord Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same model as you and the same problems. I don't know if this helps but, you can undervolt just a little more for minor results. My Nitro 5 couldn't undervolt past -0.170v so I have it a steady -0.165v, which prevents my cpu from going over the high 80's. That should be a bit better than having it on -0.125v.
  • Garyvlogs
    Garyvlogs Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am having constant lag in my games
    on my acer nitro 5 spin model with i5
    i tried everything intel xtu and msi afterburn nothing helped me 
    games are unplayable due to every two seconds constant frameskipping