All-In-One PC (aspire Z3-710) is not responding to wireless keyboard/mouse

sabrinaa
sabrinaa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
It's been a few days since I have used my computer because It's not responding to my keyboard and mouse. When ever I click my mouse or keyboard the computer does not wake up as it usually does. The computer does turn on when I press the power button but I can't navigate anywhere, not even log in. I have already replaced the batteries several times, and unplugged the power cord etc. What could the problem be and how can I fix it? Do I need to bring this into the store I bought it from?

Best Answers

• jayandsilentbob
    jayandsilentbob Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    UPDATE, I was able to resolve my problem... plugging my wired keyboard into the left-most USB port on the back of the machine gave me the ability to get into the boot menu, and I was able to boot from my Windows 10 rescue dvd (made at some point in the past)... from there under Troubleshooting/Advanced (I believe), I was able to Uninstall Latest Feature Update... after waiting for that to complete and reboot, I was back in business.  Weirdly, when I checked windows update, it indicated that I was fully up-to-date.  I’m not sure exactly what happened here, but the computer is back to full function, and I didn’t have to restore or reinstall.  
  • smtjets
    smtjets Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello
    I have the solution to solve the problem written above, you don't have to buy a new PC

Before upgrading, (my PC from WIN10 1803 to 1903) install TeamViewer with access from other PC or mobile device from the login screen of the acer
    , test the login, and then start  the upgrading to 1903 in my case it was with the USB stick
    After upgrading the Z3-710  to the  login screen  where touchscreen and usb  is not working anymore, start TeamViewer on your remote device
    ( I did it with the IPhone ), make all updates and in the device manager I had to activate USB 3.0 and everything was working including touchscreen, 
    I hope this helps
    hauser(at)smtjets.com
    Donations to PayPal are welcome

Answers

• Cashvak
    Cashvak Member Posts: 1 New User
    We're having the same problem. Tried switching USB components for mouse and didn't make any difference.  Successfully completed system restore (mouse and touchscreen both worked for that), but after restarting, in the same position we started in!
  • AndreiComputertowork
    AndreiComputertowork Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer Aspire AllinOne is not responding to mouse and keyboard. It responds to keyboard at initial stage and accepts the command PF12 but then stops responding
  • mjmontilino
    mjmontilino Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have an Aspire Z3-710 with built in wireless keyboard/mouse which have stopped working. How on earth do I point/type when the two items made to do that don't work? Is there an external reset for the wireless keyboard/mouse. Is there a command I need to use on the non working keyboard.....?? Also...the touch screen doesn't work? Help.....1
  • Deeveeo
    Deeveeo Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the exact same problem as the people above. The keyboard responds to the F12 key and I can navigate the BIOS screen with my mouse but I cannot login. Help, please!
  • TeresaD
    TeresaD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have an Aspire Z3-710 with built in wireless keyboard/mouse which have stopped working. How on earth do I point/type when the two items made to do that don't work? Is there an external reset for the wireless keyboard/mouse. Is there a command I need to use on the non working keyboard.....?? Also...the touch screen doesn't work? Help.....1

• TeresaD
    TeresaD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Type your commentHas anyone found a solution? I’ve just been inflicted with this same problem.
  • sabrinaa
    sabrinaa Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have not been able to find a solution and this happened to me again. The first time I got it fixed at staples and the second I went to my local repair shop. This happens every time I update Windows so I try to avoid updating it. It gets very annoying when the repair cost is already the same as how much I bought the computer for. 
  • jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

This just hit me... applied the updates, now I have no touchscreen and no wired keyboard or wired mouse... so I can't log in.  I haven't yet been able to get into BIOS or anything, but have only tried once unsuccessfully.  How big of a QA screwup is required for the USB ports to get completely hosed (that's what it appears to be).  If I unplug and then replug the mouse, it at least lights up, implying there is power coming from the ports (though only when I do that), but nothing comes from the keyboard... numlock light, etc.  

I'm honestly not sure what to try next.  It seems weird that this behavior from a year ago has reappeared with this latest update?  I *think* the update is "2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4493509)"
  • jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    UPDATE, I was able to resolve my problem... plugging my wired keyboard into the left-most USB port on the back of the machine gave me the ability to get into the boot menu, and I was able to boot from my Windows 10 rescue dvd (made at some point in the past)... from there under Troubleshooting/Advanced (I believe), I was able to Uninstall Latest Feature Update... after waiting for that to complete and reboot, I was back in business.  Weirdly, when I checked windows update, it indicated that I was fully up-to-date.  I’m not sure exactly what happened here, but the computer is back to full function, and I didn’t have to restore or reinstall.  
  • Nepatriots7171
    Nepatriots7171 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any updates on this?  Having same issue with 1809 and now 1903 windows updates.  I always have to roll back to 1803 for the touchscreen and mouse/keyboard to work again.  There haven’t been any hardware driver updates in years.  I have an older dell all an one and it had no trouble going to the latest versions.  I think this definitely going to be  the last time I purchase an Acer as it appears that they don’t update their hardware.  Microsoft won’t support their 1803 build after November of this year.  Great I am going to have a get a new computer later this summer or fall and it is only a couple of years old. 
  • smtjets
    smtjets Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello
    I have the solution to solve the problem written above, you don't have to buy a new PC

Before upgrading, (my PC from WIN10 1803 to 1903) install TeamViewer with access from other PC or mobile device from the login screen of the acer
    , test the login, and then start  the upgrading to 1903 in my case it was with the USB stick
    After upgrading the Z3-710  to the  login screen  where touchscreen and usb  is not working anymore, start TeamViewer on your remote device
    ( I did it with the IPhone ), make all updates and in the device manager I had to activate USB 3.0 and everything was working including touchscreen, 
    I hope this helps
    hauser(at)smtjets.com
    Donations to PayPal are welcome
  • jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

The latest round of Windows 10 updates about a week ago caused the same issue for me again (previous fixed 21 April, see earlier comments)...  I'm hoping I can fix it in the same way I did before.  I may look at the suggestion of @smtjets and set up TeamViewer if I'm able to get it operational again.

• jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

This time, I can't manage to boot from DVD - in the boot menu it doesn't show as an option, and nothing I do in the BIOS is changing that, so I'm currently dead (again).  I'll see if I can boot from USB, but since the only working USB port is the one the wired keyboard is plugged into, that may not work well.
  • jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

Successfully booted from a Windows 10 recovery USB stick, uninstalled the last Feature Update, and was back in business.  I did install TeamViewer in hopes that if/when this happens again, I'll be able to go in and re-enable the USB device driver that way.
  • zrwc03
    zrwc03 Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Z3-710 quitted after an update on August 19.  Both wireless keyboard and mouse are not functional any more and the log in page is missing. I can't boot it up at all. Following the instructions of Recovery Options in Windows 10,  I created a recovery drive by downloading installation media onto DVD, 1903 version, dated 7/8/2019.  Using F12 key to open up the Boot Menu. Selected DVD option, Windows Setup screen offers two choices, "YES" lead me to no where and returned to power on screen.   

I tried "NO" option, and proceeded to Language, Time/Currency, Keyboard screen, then "Install Now" screen showed up. I am afraid to click on "Yes" selection on the beginning and perform "Install Now" from the rescued DVD. Any upgrade  might ruin all of my file and data.  So I chose a small print at the lower left corner and clicked "Repair Your Computer". Three options showed up. proceeded with <Troubleshooting>, <Advance Option>, <Uninstall latest feature update>, I ended up with a statement " We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest feature update. Try resetting our PC instead of <Troubleshooting> reset this PC."   Did  I select a wrong option here?

In my second attempt, I selected Startup Repair in the Advance Options screen, it lead to the Acer startup screen with a message "Diagnosticsing your PC". Then it proclaimed "Startup Repair could not repair your PC".

No one seems to have faced with a similar fiasco. I would appreciate your comments, suggestions and recommendations as to how to resolve this weird problem.  

• ElizabethSheeley
    ElizabethSheeley Member Posts: 1 New User
    I don’t understand how to fix the problem. My key board doesn’t work
  • DoesNTMatter
    DoesNTMatter Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem and none of the workarounds seem to work. I don't see an official response from ACER. Remind me to never buy another one of their products.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    We are sorry you are having the issue with the wireless keyboard and mouse on your All in One. Since the Acer Community is a peer to peer platform,where users help users and not the a support page for Acer, if the solutions provided by the other users have not helped you to have the issue fixed, we suggest you contact the Acer support in your region for further assistance. 

In-Warranty Support:

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Out-of-Warranty Support:

Acer Support YouTube channel, all offer great support options for all Acer products.

If you prefer working with a live agent, the AnswersBy service may be right for you. AnswersBy is a third party company that employs highly trained support professionals who can assist with any PC related needs. AnswersBy offers service plans you can purchase to get help from live agents 24/7.

Visit the AnswersBy web site for for additional information on support plans and pricing.

Regards,
    Acer-karp.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • jayandsilentbob

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    With the latest Windows 10 update(s) (not sure which one, but we allowed it to run updates yesterday - Saturday November 23rd - and the updates were very large, took a long time, with at least a restart or two), the problem happened again... the computer boots up, but there's no way to log into it, since keyboard, mouse, and touchscreen are all non-functional.  THIS time, however, thanks to earlier posts on this thread, I'd installed TeamViewer, so I'm now successfully logged in remotely - hopefully I can just go into settings or device manager or whatever and re-enable the necessary USB support... stay tuned.

EDIT: I opened up Device Manager, and under Universal Serial Bus controllers, at the bottom, I see "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" - that has some sort of download arrow on its icon - indicating a need to update, or that it's disabled or something?  I also see the option to "Enable device" when I right click on it.  I'll try to attach a screenshot here.  I selected "Enable device" and that seemed to do the trick.  I really wish I knew why that ends up getting disabled, and who is at fault.  In any event, this series of events (utter bricking of my computer, rolling back to a good state courtesy of a Windows 10 rescue disk, installing TeamViewer, waiting for another brick-tastic update, logging in with TeamViewer to fix) is now considered a solution to the problem by me at least.  Still a totally BS situation.  :/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I have to admit, that is weird! :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.