Windows 7 can i upgrade to Windows 10?

aaponte1069
aaponte1069 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
I have am Aspire desktp AX3950 with Windows 7 and i want to upgrade to Windows 10. Is this PC compatible? There is an update for this computer for made it compatible?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,450 Trailblazer
    Everything I see says the P55 chipset is compatible with Windows 10, but it may not be compatible with all versions of Windows 10. They seem to have dropped video support on some of the embedded graphics with the last release or two. The X3950 (the leading A says it's a refurbished model) came with several different processors, ranging from a Pentium to a couple of i7s. SKUs typically came with 4GB of RAM, expandable to 8GB, in several speed ranges, from 800MHz to 1333MHz. That makes it much harder to say, "yes, yours will work", without a better definition of what "yours" actually is. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • matthiash
    matthiash Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

It's not in the list of supported desktops (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-creators-update), so the upgrade will probably cause issues... I would stay on Windows 7, or find someone who can confirm it can upgrade without issues to the last version of Windows 10.