Acer Switch 5 Fingerprint sign in not working

Ecnerettee
Ecnerettee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i think since updated to the latest windows 10 the fingerprint sensor is not working? like literally nothing happens when i put my finger there, i tried to reset it at the settings > accounts and removed my old old and tried setting up a new one, but when it asks to place my finger on the sensor, nothing happens :(

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please try the methods in this link but do not download any tools suggested in this link, follow the methods only:
    https://windowsreport.com/fingerprint-doesnt-work-windows-10/
  • Ecnerettee
    Ecnerettee Member Posts: 2 New User
    magically, i tried doing it again today, it worked. lol. Thanks though!
  • VARUNHONEY
    VARUNHONEY Member Posts: 1 New User
    My finger scanner doesn’t works and I have deleted the old one and tried to keep the new one nothing happens how to do it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Try firing up Device Manager to see if it thinks there is a problem with the fingerprint scanner.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ulhaq
    ulhaq Member Posts: 2 New User
    My laptop's finger sensor is not working. when i try to create just click and message is showing finger sensor device is not working. laptop model is ACER  TRAVELMATE P645.

• ulhaq
    ulhaq Member Posts: 2 New User

this problem is occurs when i try to setup
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There's a ribbon cable that runs from the little circuit board that holds the fingerprint sensor to the motherboard. If it has come disconnected at either end you would get those symptoms. Of course you'd also get them if the board or sensor were bad too... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DavidEli
    DavidEli Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had this same issue, In the user manual it directs your to 1st create a password then 2nd create a pin and finally register a fingerprint. If it is not done in this order exactly the finger print isn't saved.

Hope this helps some other people. 
  • hulk59
    hulk59 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    My daughter and I got Swift3 and Swift1.
    Same deal for both of us : fingerprint not recognised most of the time at the welcome signing screen.
    We used our index finger, as Windows Hello! suggested us  to do so during registering steps.
    So I wondered, don't be so dumb !
    Why not trying with the right thumb, but parallel to the keyboard (to mimic the way some smartphone go with their long but thin sensor...)
    So add this new print in Hello! and tada...it's working flawlessly now.
    Hope this will help.
    Greetings from France !