Acer XR382CQK HDR Support

Seegs108
Seegs108 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I see that the Acer XR382CQK UM.TX2AA.002 revision model says it supports HDR. I cannot find a revised user manual that goes into more detail about what types of HDR it supports? Is it HDR10 support? Is it HLG HDR support? Or is this some type of simulated HDR mode where the display is taking a non-HDR image and creating an HDR type effect? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Seegs108 

Did you set it on the to 144hz on the monitors OSD before trying in windows?
    Adjust the refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel.
    Use this website to test your frame rates.
    http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

Post back the status and we will assist you further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Seegs108
    Sharanji said:
    Seegs108 

Did you set it on the to 144hz on the monitors OSD before trying in windows?
    Adjust the refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel.
    Use this website to test your frame rates.
    http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

Post back the status and we will assist you further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Frame rate has nothing to do with my question. I was asking what type of HDR this monitor supports. The product page states it is HDR Ready.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I don't find any more information on the HDR spec, other than it's HDR Ready which gives it more dynamic range. Pretty minimal spec, though they could have not finalized specs when generating the initial announcements.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Seegs108
    billsey said:
    I don't find any more information on the HDR spec, other than it's HDR Ready which gives it more dynamic range. Pretty minimal spec, though they could have not finalized specs when generating the initial announcements.
    Which is all the more worrisome when you factor in the high cost of this monitor. It's a shame there is no direct way to contact technical support without paying for it before purchasing the monitor.