Can´t connect bluetooth headphone with my Acer Swift 3

Options
felipesolary
felipesolary Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,
so I recently bought the Philips SHB3075 blueetooth headphones. They work great with my smartphone (Iphone 5s) and with a very old Ipad I own. But I can´t get them to connect with my Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G-55WQ. They don´t even show when I click on ¨Add Bluetooth devices¨.

I should also say that I have connected other bluetooth devices to my computer.

According to Philips FAQ, this problem has nothing to do with Windows 10, but instead ¨it is usually due to the fact that the PC/laptop’s internal hardware is not compatible with today’s BT 4.x streaming communication¨.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I really need my computer and my headphones to become good pals and stop ignoring each other!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you tried installing the latest ACER BT driver? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7227?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• felipesolary

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried that... the problem remains. 
    Any other suggestions?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yeah, it may have nothing to do with the old Win10. But double-check that the new Win10 hasn't updated v19.60.0 to something else when you weren't looking,  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• felipesolary

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't know about that, This is what it says in System > About.

Version 1709
    OS Build 16299.214

So, this is true? ¨It is usually due to the fact that the PC/laptop’s internal hardware is not compatible with today’s BT 4.x streaming communication¨? In that case, there wouldn't be any hope of fixing it? How can I check my laptop's bluetooth specs?
  • JackE
    Options
    You have an integrated BT4.1 module in an Intel WLAN 7265.NGWG.W D0 Stonepeak M.2 2X2 AC + BT 2230. Its specs are as follows. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lunxi
    Lunxi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I had similar issues with - if I remember correctly - other Philips BT headset.
    My solution: I purchased a Jabra Revo which cost some bucks, but it is worth it. And runs like a charme on my Swift 3 SF315-41. Using Linux.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks Lunxi. That seems like a reasonable solution to me. But, according to Philips, does mean your new Jabra Revo doesn't use today’s latest BT 4.x streaming communication technology? :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• felipesolary

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you both... unfortunately, Lunxi´s solution (buying a new pair of headphones, ha) won´t work for me right now.

But the specs JackE presented are interesting, because I looked for the specs in my headphones and this is what I found:

Rechargeable lithium polymer battery (240 mAh) • Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth mono support (Headset Profile - HSP, Hands-Free Profile - HFP), Bluetooth stereo supported (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile - A2DP; Audio Video Remote Control Profile - AVRCP) • Frequency range: 2.402-2.480GHz • Transmitter power: <20dBm • Operating range: Up to 10 meters (33 feet) •

So, it is also Bluetooth 4.1! It should be compatible, right? Is there any other of the specs listed in there that might be causing problems?

Thank you!
  • JackE
    Options
    Both Win10 and the laptop's hardware and drivers should support those Philips specs & vice-versa. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn133849(v=vs.85).aspx . With a caveat --- today's Win10 isn't the same Win10 as whenever you bought the machine or whenever the Philips piece was made. And Win10 never was and still isn't anything like the iOSes. But I do think the Philips set and laptop can probably be made to play nice with each other but the solution probably isn't as practical or palatable as Lunxi's. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ