Acer V7850 firmware update procedure

Jono23
Jono23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 27 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

I'm looking to have the firmware of my V7850 4K projector updated to the latest firmware (C10) from my current C09 firmware. The latest update fixes issues with HDR, among other things, so I'm eager to have it installed. I've contacted support by chat - they told me they would look into and that someone would get back to me but I haven't heard anything back. Can I send it in or have it swapped with the latest firmware?

Thanks,

Answers

• fcohermosillo
    fcohermosillo Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm having the same HDR issues with the Acer V7850, I find it plays HDR too dark even at level 4 compared to the BenQ H2550 which handles HDR very well and very bright. Any news on the C10 firmware for the V7850? Maybe the too dark HDR will be fixed.
  • Jono23
    Jono23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm having the same HDR issues with the Acer V7850, I find it plays HDR too dark even at level 4 compared to the BenQ H2550 which handles HDR very well and very bright. Any news on the C10 firmware for the V7850? Maybe the too dark HDR will be fixed.
    Yes, Acer told me it can be sent in for a firmware upgrade by calling their service line. I haven't done it yet, as I don't want to be without the projector for a week or so, but will get around to it soon. From what I've heard it improves HDR significantly. The only solution i've found to overly dark HDR is to use "Full Range" HDMI in HDR mode 4.
  • fcohermosillo
    I have contacted ACER support here in the USA and they are completely clueless about the C10 firmware. They say they don't do any firmwares upgrades at all. If there was one it should be available on the website. But of course, there is no software firmware for the V7850 at all on the website. Did you send your projector back to ACER? Did they fix the HDR problem? I tried Full range HDMI and HDR mode 4 and it's not how HDR it's supposed to look. Please help.
  • brusteraider
    brusteraider Member Posts: 3 New User
    When you call them you have to treat it as a repair which it is. Tell them that the HDR function is broken and the firmware needs to be updated to C10 to fix it. They will then issue you a case number and send you an e-mail with instructions on how to send it to the nearest Authorized Repair center. Because of the ridiculous warranty that comes with this projector, you yes you will be responsible for shipping costs to them.they will pay for return shipping. In Europe they are treated much better with free shipping and customer service that knows about this issue . If Acer monitors these forums could you please respond to this issue and help us out. It would help to renew my faith in the Acer brand
  • fcohermosillo
    I actually got tired of looking for solutions to this HDR issue and returned the unit to Acer for refund. Too bad because it's a nice projector, but the HDR is not working and here Acer USA they don't have a clue about any firmwares or maybe they want to discontinue the product and they don't want to work on this projector anymore.  I went ahead and bought the BenQ HT2550, not as good image as the Acer, but HDR works!
  • brusteraider
    brusteraider Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have contacted ACER support here in the USA and they are completely clueless about the C10 firmware. They say they don't do any firmwares upgrades at all. If there was one it should be available on the website. But of course, there is no software firmware for the V7850 at all on the website. Did you send your projector back to ACER? Did they fix the HDR problem? I tried Full range HDMI and HDR mode 4 and it's not how HDR it's supposed to look. Please help.
     What firmware did you have C_ _ ?