Acer predator g3620 Won’t Boot after bios Update

Options
Maestro012
Maestro012 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
so i had a couple of issues with my GPU (Radeon HD7770) And someone told me that he fixed the exact same issue with a bios update.

i went into the G3620 website and downloaded the latest bios.
i flashed it and wanted to go into the bios and load the default settings as that was mentioned in the tutorial. I then noticed that I couldn’t boot anymore (couldn’t find boot device)
I can see the sad and also choose it if I want in the f12 boot menu but still gives the same error. 
I tried every setting in the bios and also it is set to AHCI. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    is your BIOS set as UEFI or LauncCSM/Legacy?
    which windows OS version is installed?
    is your HDD/SSD recognised by the BIOS?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Maestro012
    Maestro012 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:
    is your BIOS set as UEFI or LauncCSM/Legacy?
    which windows OS version is installed?
    is your HDD/SSD recognised by the BIOS?
    When I launch Csm it won’t even detect any ssd or hdd in the boot menu. It’s set to legacy where I also can see the ssd and choose to boot from it.

windows10 64 is Installed 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    can you please set it to UEFI and check if under boot devices, windows boot manager is available?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Drako
    Drako Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, 

I have similar problem. The Bios dont detect the HDD or SDD. I tried CSM legacy and not luck. I have Bios version P11-A3 and windows 10. 
    Do you have any idea what is the problem? The Hdd was working find. Suddenly it stopped working.

Regards

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    First step is to reset the BIOS to default values, that should deal with a corrupted setting. If that doesn't work show us pictures of the Advanced; Miscellaneous and Advanced; Integrated Peripherals screens from the BIOS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.