How to fix Acer Nitro AN515-15 "turning off unexpectedly" problem?

Options
2»

Answers

• Mergenkor
    Mergenkor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had this same problem.  Bought my Acer Nitro 5 at Costco.  The problem started soon after for me.  

When it's plugged in--no problem.  When it's not plugged in, it would often go to sleep or shut down on its own.  I wasn't sure which it was since the time to boot on this laptop is relatively quick.  I think it must've shut down since I would get the ACER start screen.  Either way--very frustrating.

I just got off the phone with Acer customer support.  On my model, there is a small reset hole with a stamped picture of a battery on the underside/bottom of the laptop.  It's the only reset hole I can find.  All others are screw holes.  It is on the side of the laptop nearest the most ports (the left side when the laptop is oriented for typing and gaming).

I was instructed to do the following:

1.  Shut down computer and remove laptop power cable.

2.  Insert a paperclip or similar item into the battery rest hole.  Hold it down for 30 seconds (minimum).  Then remove the paperclip.

3.  Restart while on battery power and see if the problem happens again.

I've been off the phone for about 30 minutes and no problem so far.

Good luck!

Other than the lack of a HD, this has been the only problem I've had with this otherwise affordable and zippy laptop.

Hi every one, I have the same problem and I did exactly what u wrote here,  after I restarted the windows everything looks fine until I shut down and turn on the system the previous problem pop out again.
    can anyone help me with this, it is really annoying.
  • LizBug
    LizBug Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    DeejayHex said:
    Hi All,

My Nitro 5 has been having the same issue, and I've come to find that it was caused by my magnetic wristwatch strap.
    The lid sensor on mine can be found on the bottom center left of the mouse pad.

https://youtu.be/hx6FPVFhzeU

Hope this helps someone!
    This was exactly my problem lol. Thank you so much!