A brand new Acer 15 Chromebook with a very dark display!!! CB515-1HT-P39B

Options
Tony69
Tony69 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Chromebooks

Your previous message

I just bought a new, factory sealed Acer 15 Chromebook CB515-1HT-P39B. I open the laptop and turn on the power on and nothing appears, just a black screen only. So I plug the power into the laptop thinking that the laptop arrived low on the battery or just completely dead. I had it plug into the battery indicator, turn from orange to blue meaning that it's fully charge and turn the power on and its still didn't turn the screen on. Thinking that the brightness level is set too low so I adjusted to the max on the keyboard and still didn't do the job. Upon further inspection there an image in the screen but barely noticeable. It looks like it set at 1% brightness and that it!!! Now my question is there anyway to fix this problem or I have a brand new, factory sealed, damaged Acer 15 Chromebook that need to be replace??? Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Tony69
    Do you have a TV or monitor you can plug it in to? It would be helpful to know if it's just the screen that's out, or if the whole Chromebook isn't working. 
    Try holding down the alt key when you press the screen brighten key. If that works, then you have turned on the setting option for keyboards to treat top row keys as function keys.
    You can also reset your Chromebook to its original factory state from the sign-in screen by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R and clicking Restart.

If the display is still dark, please get the Chromebook replaced.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, it sounds as if the backlight isn't lighting...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rdhorne
    rdhorne Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same issue.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    In general there are just a few things that can go wrong that lead to the back light not lighting... Most often it's either a problem with the cable that powers the back light, less often it's the back light itself and rarely it's the motherboard not turning the light on. If you are in warranty it's worth getting it repaired by Acer, if you are out of warranty I'd see if you can get some diagnostics from a competent local technician first.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I just bought a new, factory sealed Acer 15 Chromebook CB515-1HT-P39B.>>>

If ya'll just bought this thing, return it directly to the vendor ASAP for a refund or replacement---you usually only have 30 days or less to do so. If you let it go beyond that time, then it's ACER warranty service that'll take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Monet
    Monet Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I bought a new 2018 Acer R13 Premium Full HD Chromebook with Touch screen. Experienced. Black screen issue right out of the box. Everything else functioning as expected. But useless without being able to see screen. Returned to Acer for repair. Keeping my fingers crossed. 
  • rgdollmom54
    rgdollmom54 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    There is an android game that I play on my iPad. Acer also has that game through Google Play Store. But I installed it and it treated me as if I was a new user. I've been playing for over a year.  Is there any way to sync the game from my iPad to my Chromebook?  I tried the sync tabs, nothing happened. Any suggestions welcome.
  • JackE
    Options
    @rgdollmom54 Please sign in to the chromebook users forum with your syncing issue https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chromebook-central  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MCulbertson
    MCulbertson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I do not know what to do I have a new Acer Chromebook 315 and I have done everything except hook it to my T.V. still cannot get my screen so that I can finally begin using it I have had it for about 2 weeks and not been able to use it yet due to the screen.  I just am so disappointed.  I never in my life heard of a new tablet not working right when you buy it to me if it comes not working what have I gotten to look forward to in the future?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I have had it for about 2 weeks and not been able to use it yet due to the screen. >>>

Immediately return it to the vendor/seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the seller's return policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. So don't waste any more time trying to fix this. ACER warranty repairs will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ