acer aspire es1-512 plugged in, not charging

bondi
bondi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have acer aspire es1-512 and i have been satisfied with this laptop until a few days back. Now, i cant turn on my laptop unless ac power is plugged in. When windows start up, it says plugged in, not charging and it shows that battery is 89% charged but if i remove power cable, laptop turns off. Also, the light that indicates battery charging is not lit anymore, at all. Can i solve this problem without replacing battery? Do i need to replace it at all?

Answers

• Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains (remove AC adapter), follow the instructions in the video, once completed leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • bondi
    bondi Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Hi @brummyfan2 and @Sharanji,
    Thank you both for replaying. 
    I followed both of your instructions a couple of times and it doesnt seem to change anything. Battery is still unrecognized by pc. It still cant be charged nor used. I will keep trying it. But also, u recently updated to windows 10 and everything worked very well for a week, and than this happened. Can it be windows 10 problem? But i've also read that "linux people" have same problem..
  • Waqar
    Waqar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Acer,
    Recently bought E-Series for Kid. Started it for the first time after a week of purchase and it shows the symptoms as mentioned above. Lost the receipt and can't return it now. I have gone through several blogs online and performed recommended solutions but non of them seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. 
    Procedures tried are as follows:
    1. Battery Reset
    2. Removal of ACP drivers
    3. Leave machine for a while after reset.
    4. Reset of Windows to default
    5. Updated ACP drivers and windows update

Model: Acer Aspire E15 512... 
    Thanks,
    W

• AAAA
    AAAA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Acer
    My battery not charging, for awhile. It went from charging fully to staying at 0%. Tried various methods, nothing worked. I think maybe acer just a ***** brand period. My first purchase of this brand after being gifted one years ago. Definitely not going this route again. This laptop was seldom used and was only used to check mail. Acer sucks unless some genius can fix this problem.
  • AAAA
    AAAA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh yes model type Aspire E Start 512
  • JimBotox
    JimBotox Member Posts: 1 New User
    bondi said:
    I have acer aspire es1-512 and i have been satisfied with this laptop until a few days back. Now, i cant turn on my laptop unless ac power is plugged in. When windows start up, it says plugged in, not charging and it shows that battery is 89% charged but if i remove power cable, laptop turns off. Also, the light that indicates battery charging is not lit anymore, at all. Can i solve this problem without replacing battery? Do i need to replace it at all?
    Make sure all the screws are in the bottom of the laptop.
  • Pasg12
    Pasg12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have just started to have this problem.After installing feature update 1809.My laptop ES1 512 charges to 97% then orange charge light switches of and states plugged in not charging. I have followed all above steps and the problem is still there. Sometimes it will charge to 100% but usually always 97%.I have even carried out a reset but can't roll back to 1803 now.
  • guitarman011
    guitarman011 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Why doesnt anybody mention THE SWITCH UNDER THE KEYBOARD THAT BREAKS PHYSICALY CHARGING BATTERY if battery started swelling/bulging, it pushes keyboard upward and microswitch gets depressed (pressing it again, orange light lits and charging starst again)
  • Kelvinuchechi
    Kelvinuchechi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Acer
    My acer aspire e15-512 when plug in light it shows battery not detected what can I do