Predator Helios 300 stuttering after windows 10 update

Options
rodrigoeg
rodrigoeg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I have a predator helios 300 and it was working fine after I removed the intel control panel from context menu and put the geforce 1060 in high performance mode, but after windows 10 installed the last update (KB4058258) I am experiencing a lot of stuttering, even when I read pdf. Anyone is experiencing the same problem and there's a solution?

Best Answer

• Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you try to use trayprdw?

It's probably Windows 10- check this out: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093?start=165&tstart=0
    ---------------
    Bryce@Intel Jan 31, 2018 3:39 PM (in response to coolrecep)

Hello all,

I believe we have root caused the issue and are testing various potential fixes, one looking promising so far. This happens often though in fixing bugs, we'll attempt to check in and hopefully it won't cause other issues or break when combined with other code fixes. It is a step in the right direction though and I thought I'd share progress. If all goes well, we could be looking at a fix in our March/April driver depending on any complications and perhaps a Beta if I can get one out sooner. I'll keep the updates coming as they're available.

.:Bryce:.

Answers

• Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you try to use trayprdw?

It's probably Windows 10- check this out: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093?start=165&tstart=0
    ---------------
    Bryce@Intel Jan 31, 2018 3:39 PM (in response to coolrecep)

Hello all,

I believe we have root caused the issue and are testing various potential fixes, one looking promising so far. This happens often though in fixing bugs, we'll attempt to check in and hopefully it won't cause other issues or break when combined with other code fixes. It is a step in the right direction though and I thought I'd share progress. If all goes well, we could be looking at a fix in our March/April driver depending on any complications and perhaps a Beta if I can get one out sooner. I'll keep the updates coming as they're available.

.:Bryce:.

• rodrigoeg
    rodrigoeg Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks a lot! 
    I didn't know about this program... I installed and it seems that the sttutering stoped.
    I'll stay tuned to this intel forum, hoping that they deliver this driver as soon as possible.
  • Skelomorph
    Options
    If there is anyone who is experiencing this stutter issue and would like to test something for me, please send me a pm. It will require updating your Windows to a beta version of Windows (which is in the works to be officially released sometime around March). And you will be able to go back to the previous version of Windows/reverse all changes if you experience issues. Pls PM me.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • sravee8
    sravee8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is there a fix out for this issue? Currently using trayprdw