Bluetooth disappeared and stopped working(Aspire VN7 - 792G - 78M3)

Options
Kircho
Kircho Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello.  While i was listening music on my bluetooth headphones. suddenly everything stopped. Now i can't find the blootooth button in notification center, also the switch for turning it "on" and "off" from "Bluetooth & other devices is no longer there. I've checked in "Device Manager" there is now bluetooth icon, it only shows when i chose to see the hidden files. I've installed couple of drivers but non of them worked. 

I have Acer Nitro - Black Edition on windows 10

But on the bottom of it says Aspire VN7 - 792G - 78M3

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kircho 

This first method should be the Bluetooth driver fix. The Bluetooth driver is the only software that makes computer and the Bluetooth adapter communicate. Please try to download and install the driver listed at Acer website : 
     https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6404?b=1

Then you can try windows troubleshooter, Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Troubleshoot. 

If the issue persists, system restore helps you to revert your computer’s state to that of a previous point in time. You can use this feature to restore your computer to a back date where your Bluetooth is still working properly.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    right click on bluetooth in device manager and click on scan for hardware changes,then you will be able to find it under system settings.
    Hope that helped you.
  • Kircho
    Options
    right click on bluetooth in device manager and click on scan for hardware changes,then you will be able to find it under system settings.
    Nothing happens :(
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kircho 

This first method should be the Bluetooth driver fix. The Bluetooth driver is the only software that makes computer and the Bluetooth adapter communicate. Please try to download and install the driver listed at Acer website : 
     https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6404?b=1

Then you can try windows troubleshooter, Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Troubleshoot. 

If the issue persists, system restore helps you to revert your computer’s state to that of a previous point in time. You can use this feature to restore your computer to a back date where your Bluetooth is still working properly.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Kircho
    Options
    I've installed new drivers, I've instaled the windows last update and didn't work again, than after couple of hours the bluetooth icon poped out, and now everything works fine ?!
  • dkkarl
    dkkarl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same problem. Did a reset of the battery on the back of the computer with a paperclip and it fixed it.
  • autopatch
    autopatch Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G, and this has been happening to me about every two to three weeks since I've purchased the laptop.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the most current bluetooth drivers from the Acer website several times, and I've also reinstalled the operating system twice.

The only thing that resolves it seems to be is a cold boot power cycle and then I'm good for another stretch of time. Obviously, in the middle of the working day that's not always convenient.

Is there a different resolution or an update to the published drivers?.

Thank you.
  • freekiedude
    freekiedude Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have an acer aspire E5 - 511, and this happened to me. I tried a bunch of things suggested online that didn't work, and completely lost all trace of bluetooth drivers as though it never existed in the first place. So i did a system restore to my last update which at least retrieved the "non working" bluetooth icons in device manager. Next I went to the Universal serial bus controllers and disabled then enabled the Generic USB Hub, and it worked. The faded Bluetooth driver icons became active and  Bluetooth came back into my notification window and connected to my speaker. I hope this helps someone
  • Saraant
    Saraant Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    autopatch said:
    I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G, and this has been happening to me about every two to three weeks since I've purchased the laptop.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the most current bluetooth drivers from the Acer website several times, and I've also reinstalled the operating system twice.

The only thing that resolves it seems to be is a cold boot power cycle and then I'm good for another stretch of time. Obviously, in the middle of the working day that's not always convenient.

Thank you.
    Same thing here.  Bought this Aspire E5-575G in November of 2017 and have had nothing but trouble with the Bluetooth drivers disappearing randomly, then repairing just as randomly.  Restarting doesn't help.  I've paid a local company to reinstall the drivers which worked for about 2 days before they disappeared again!  I'm so frustrated that there are so many others with this same problem and no solutions from Acer - what a waste of $700!!! 
  • cuza
    cuza Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    Same thing happened to me today, was really frustrating! I think it's because I mainly use my X-Box controllers for gaming, and recently the connection started going funny, before losing Bluetooth altogether.
    My laptop is an Aspire E5.

Anyway, after trawling numerous forums for hours and trying different methods, I fixed it.

Re-install your drivers from Acer on the support from this site, I had 2 different ones to install.
    I did the Atheros one first, restarted the laptop after installing, then the Intel driver afterwards.

Then, do an Advanced System Startup and go to safe mode - check in Device Manager and see if Bluetooth is visable, it should be there (worked for me- happy days).

Restart again and check Bluetooth settings, hopefully it's there.
  • iitzBez
    iitzBez Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Saraant said:
    autopatch said:

Thank you.
    Same thing here.  Bought this Aspire E5-575G in November of 2017 and have had nothing but trouble with the Bluetooth drivers disappearing randomly, then repairing just as randomly.  Restarting doesn't help.  I've paid a local company to reinstall the drivers which worked for about 2 days before they disappeared again!  I'm so frustrated that there are so many others with this same problem and no solutions from Acer - what a waste of $700!!! 

I have managed to solve this issue on my side. You have to restart the "Bluetooth Support Service" under services, and set the startup type to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". Once you have done that, restart your laptop and your Bluetooth should be back up and running again.

• TurkeyMaster
    TurkeyMaster Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello,

I have an Acer Predator 17
    Encountered this issue today, what worked for me was to go into the firmware settings and reset settings to default.

• Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Click "Restart now" under Advanced startup
    Then just follow the options you get, there should be an option that says "Firmware settings" or something similar to that, you'll get a bunch of options, use the arrow keys to look for an option that say "reset firmware settings to default" then select click on "save settings"

If that doesn't work for you, try waiting for a few hours, maybe it'll turn on again by itself, this happened to me on a lenovo laptop once but fixed itself after some hours.
  • DiDeWi
    DiDeWi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you for the good advise.
    I bought a Chinese mouse with bluetooth because there are so few USB gates. In the past never had a problem with bluetooth.
    For my Aspire E5 E15-575G I downloaded the Intel and the Atheros drivers.
    After installing them everything was like before.
    Sincerely.
    Dirk
  • washere
    washere Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    FIX IS BELOW:
    i tired all, update drivers etc, no blutooth in device manager etc. 

Fix is:
    1 usb controller is disabled after updates, enable it again in device maanger:

Fix was by kokola:

"Anyway...checked the usb controller (inside the device manager) and noticed one of it was disable (something intel(R) something....)

Enabled it and BAMM! my bluetooth back to normal."