Acer Aspire R11 R3-131T-C1EW SSD Upgrade

Flicker52
Flicker52 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hi all! 
   I recently purchased an Acer Aspire R11 R3-131T-C1EW 32GB 2 in 1 laptop. Here is the link to the specs.

Specs

All Product Details
BrandAcer
Product Type2-in-1 Devices
Screen
Screen Size11.6"
Screen TypeColour LCD Touchscreen
Screen Resolution1366 x 768
Processor
Processor ModelN3050
Processor TypeIntel Celeron
Processor Speed1.6 GHz
Processor Max Speed2.2 GHz
Graphics and Video
Integrated GraphicsIntel HD Graphics
Memory
Ram4GB
Ram TypeDDR3
Storage Capacity
Capacity32 GB
TypeeMMC
Webcam
WebcamYes
Connections
Connections
  • 3.5 mm microphone-in and audio-out ports
  • HDMI port
USB1 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0
Wireless Ready802.11ac
Software and System Requirements
Operating SystemWindows 10
Power
Battery LifeUp to 8 hours
Battery TypeLithium Ion
Dimensions
Product Width29.8cm
Product Depth21.1cm
Product Height2.09cm
Product Weight1.58kg
Well, I want to know if I can upgrade the storage in it. I know that they don't have an HDD or an SSD but they do have an empty place for them to sit and solder onto the motherboard. I'll send a picture of the motherboard. Here this one does not have an HDD port. 

Can I just swap out the motherboard for an R11 R3-131T-C1Z5 Motherboard?
I have looked everywhere for an R11 R3-131T-C1Z5 Motherboard But can't find any for sale. Please help, thanks. 

Here is the pic of what I want to find, it has everything else and an HDD port thing. 
No automatic alt text available

Answers

• Hi,
    I couldn't find the MB either, I would suggest you to use a SD card for additional storage or an external HDD with a USB enclosure.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    If you really want to use a real SSD then I suggest you look for a MB from a R3-131T-Pxxx and not a -Cxxx. I have a -P344 hot-rodded with a Samsung EVO SSD and 8GB of RAM that runs with a i7 desktop.
  • Flicker52
    Flicker52 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I do have a sd card in but its no good. I looked for your R3-131T-P344 but can't find one for sale. 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

In General R11s with a "C" suffix like yours are not upgradable while ones with a "P" are (P344, P3BM, P7HA, P8PV) note- I have not checked all of these but if they came with more than a 32GB SSD you are golden.

• Daniele27
    Daniele27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi, I have an Acer aspire R11 notebook, in which I have 2gb of ram and I have a hard disk of 20 GB, I would like to replace with an SSD to increase speed and memory, which one should I buy? Samsung evo 860 okay?