(Acer R271) All buttons stop working; input mode cycles between HDMI, VGA, DVI

atttticus
atttticus Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I bought my Acer monitor only a few months ago.

The buttons suddenly became non-responsive. Additionally, a few minutes into being plugged into my laptop via HDMI, the input mode of the monitor would suddenly and haphazardly cycle through its various modes (DVI, VGA, and HDMI) which then obviously disrupts my usage.

I really like this monitor and I would hate to have to spend more money so quickly to purchase a new monitor. I would be grateful for any advice. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,444 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    IIRC when you first go to the global site it asks you where you are located, then displays the site appropriate to your locale. From there if you choose Support it should give you contact links for your local support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• atttticus
    Is this forum active?
  • billsey
    Yes, the forum is active. Perhaps no one else has seen the same issue. Have you tried contacting Acer support yet?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • atttticus
    billsey said:
    Yes, the forum is active. Perhaps no one else has seen the same issue. Have you tried contacting Acer support yet?
    I have not tried this. I am not in the US. Could you kindly direct me at their support contact page?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    IIRC when you first go to the global site it asks you where you are located, then displays the site appropriate to your locale. From there if you choose Support it should give you contact links for your local support.
  • atttticus
    I cannot seem to find the IIRC actually. 
  • atttticus
    Can anyone else help me? I am as stuck as before.
  • milocome
    milocome Member Posts: 1 New User
    is there an answer to this problem as I have the same problem. or is it a question of contacting acer support.
    many thanks