Poseidon 14203-1m replacement

tomnic
tomnic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, mi Acer Aspire Nitro V mainboard died, it says Poseidon 14203-1m on the pcb... can I buy a new one?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can order the motherboard from Acer. If your device is still under warranty you can send it to Acer for repair free of charge.

I need your laptop's full model number.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• tomnic
    tomnic Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately it's not under warranty... I hope this motherboard isn't too expensive... My full model number is Aspire VN7-791G-750F, S/N: NXMQRET007434098146600
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This is the motherboard's part number - NB.MQR11.005                     CPU - i5-4210H and GPU GTX860M
    Motherboard's model: POSEIDON MB 14203-1M 1.7G/HY 860 I5421 D
    By looking at the price the motherboard is quite expensive, so you will be better off purchasing a new laptop.
    - https://www.ipc-computer.de/notebook-ersatzteile/mainboards/-nb.mqr11.005
    - https://hardware.eu/acer/nb-mqr11-005.html the price here is in UK pounds.
    I post these websites to give you a rough idea of how much it would cost. The problem is that the CPU and GPU are part of the motherboard and cannot be removed, that is why it is so expensive.

PS: Thank you for posting the model of your motherboard in your earlier post it was really helpful, because there 7 different motherboards for vn7-791/vn7-791g :).

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ACEMİ_USTAD
    ACEMİ_USTAD Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    oh ho ho 722 eur :(
    new Pc