what do I do with a Gateway DX4860 desktop that is not compatible with Windows version 1709.

sproutly42
sproutly42 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Groundhog day, win 10 1607 tries to upgrade to win 10 1709, installation hangs up at 82%, it then restores win 1607.  next day same thing. MS support tells me that this model Gateway is not compatible with win 1709.  Will Gateway supply a fix?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Be glad it didn't install and disable your system. Even if a fix is forthcoming (don't hold your breath) , there's no guarantee that the next major update due out later this year will work either. Due to Microsoft's new and unimproved lifecycle policies, machine's that came with earlier versions of Windows factory-installed are probably better off upgrading back to those earlier versions to assure maintenance support till 2023 for Win8.x and 2020 for Win7. Win10 has no such assurances much beyond the next major update.   https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet     Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• BPCD1999
    BPCD1999 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    Take the stock wifi card out of the Gateway. This fixed my issue with rebooting and stuck issues for me.