ScreenBright not working with new monitor

Greengom
Greengom Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I used ScreenBright to controll the brightness of my previous monitor (XB240H, 1080p 144hz) but it isn't working with my new monitor (XN271HU, 165hz 1440p TN gsync). I didn't see an DDC/CI option in the settings of my new XN271HU like there was on my previous monitor.
I'm using the DP cable and tried it with and without the usb cable that came with the box.

In screenbright I can currently change everything except brightness. Also when I change something, for example contrast. The contrast in the monitors OSD will remain the same. So it is changing the contrast but not working properly with the OSD. Sadly enough my brightness won't change.

Answers

• Greengom
    Tested a few other DDC programs, none were able to change my brightness.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Greengom

Press Menu on the monitor and check if there is an option to enable the DDC/CI option in the Signal Input menu. If it is already enabled, switch it off and then back on.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Greengom
    Sharanji said:

Greengom

Press Menu on the monitor and check if there is an option to enable the DDC/CI option in the Signal Input menu. If it is already enabled, switch it off and then back on.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

I can't find that option on this monitor. My other acer monitor has it though.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hello, I bought the XB271HU and am also disappointed to find that it doesn't support DDC.   For a high end monitor, it should have this feature, especially if the manual says it does.

I get a False response to the GetMonitorCapabilities function , but True to MC_CAPS_BRIGHTNESS , and it will also report the current value from GetMonitorBrightness.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd692940(v=vs.85).aspx
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd692939(v=vs.85).aspx

I think our only hope is a driver update from Acer.

• KoopaKill
    KoopaKill Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm also having trouble without this feature - my monitor is not in a location I can access the buttons to change the contrast depending on ambient conditions.

Is there any update on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.