DVD RAM UJ8E2Q

Options
Lindacole57
Lindacole57 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I hope someone can help me with my Aspire E15 E5-571-35LV.  Since I have updated to Windows 10 my MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E2Q does not read any discs.  It turns and makes the clicking noises but then I get a box asking to insert disc.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi Lindacole57

1) Use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter 
    To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps: 
    Press the Windows logo key + X to open the Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. 
    Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 
    If your problem is not solved, try the next method. 

2)To reinstall the driver, Open device manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK. Restart the computer. 

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed. 

if the issue persists, post back and we will help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• PondyDave2
    PondyDave2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had this same problem but did not spot it for most of this year as I don't use my DVD-ROM much. I tried all of the fixes on here and on the Microsoft Help Site. So decided to google Microsoft Help and asked for a call back. The first guy failed and after about 2 hours booked me a next level technician. He took 4.5 hours and eventually fixed it. He asked me to play the DVD in my drive. The Rocky music score started to play! He is writing crib notes for his colleagues so all us MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E2Q owners can get our computers back. Windows 10 also trashed my internet and I had Microsoft fix that as well, though at the time I was unaware of the drive problem. So MS technicians have spent a day working on my machine because of their company's updates.
  • dshanahan
    dshanahan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Similar problem with my All In One AZ3-615. However, once i uninstalled the driver, power cycle, run. It did not find the hardware at all. Power isin theh DVD and it will open, accept a new disk and spin up. No detection of hardware from device manager. any ideas?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    It would be best if you started a new thread with that one @dshanahan, you are on a different machine with likely a different issue...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.