CB241HY need to turn ACM on and off

zero0
zero0 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Whenever the computer restarts or the monitor comes from standby or being turned off the contrast/brightness will fluctuate in certain situations.  With the fullscreen video where this happens it stops when the video controls or cursor is visible, and also when the OSD is on.  I need to turn the ACM setting in the OSD on and off in order for this to stop in the current session.  When ACM is turned on the brightness goes up so it's not exactly like it is enabling itself despite the OSD saying it's off.  This happens with both DVI and HDMI connections.  Is there any way to permanently disable this?  It's a little similar to the issue here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/477842/gn276hl-overdrive-keeps-resetting/p1 where an option in the OSD needs to be enabled and disabled every time.

Answers

• zero0
    zero0 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    The issue is most noticeable at low brightness (I use 15 brightness and 49 contrast.)  I found that the issue also reappears after changing the scenario mode of the monitor in the OSD.  Even pressing left while on User (so it stays on User since it's leftmost option) causes a noticeable blip in the settings and the issue to reappear.  This is a new Acer CB241HY that I bought in mid January.

Unfortunately I can't make a video.  Again, the issue is that the contrast will fluctuate depending on the content on screen even though ACM is set OFF.  With certain fullscreen video it will happen constantly.  The issue stops when ACM is turned ON and back to OFF.  The problem is that the issue reappears whenever the monitor comes from standby, being powered off, or changes scenario modes.  ACM needs to be turned ON and OFF every time, this is very annoying and I would like to not have to use the OSD every day I use the monitor without leaving it on 24/7.