Acer Predator Z271 144hz/G-Sync, Display Port problem

Options
Mitch689
Mitch689 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone, I already saw someone here that is talking about that problem, but actually there's still no solution about it.

The problem that I'm talking about is the "blue leakage" on the back/dark colors on the screen after playing a while some specific games, such PUBG, the Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V and I'm pretty sure many, many mores, actually the ONLY game that seems to don't have this problems is Overwatch. 

The problem inself is that when you use the Display Port at 144hz, (I also tried at 120hz and after a while is the same, so the problem is with the display port itself) that is the reason that I bought that monitor by the way... After a some time (usually we are talking about minutes...) the blue leakage will come, and the only solution is to plung in/off the alimentator cable; no matter if you turn off your pc, no matter if you turn off the monitor, no matter if you change to HDMI instead Display port, the only solution is to take off the cable and pull back in... But is just a temporary solution, after some minutes the problems will turn back again. 

I read about this around and on this forum and seems like that don't even the repairing assistent will help in that, I also read about people that had a brend new monitor from the same model and with the same issue. 

In fact I think that everyone bought or will buy this monitor for the cool desing of course, but mostly for the 144hz and the G-Sync, but sandly is a "factory error" and should be removed from any shop around. 

So, my monitor still with the garantie, how can I fix this problems?
At this price is unacceptable something like this. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    under warranty = call Acer support service and have it checked
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mitch689
    Options
    Yes, the only think that they said is to give it to them for the reparing, and if that could fix the problem I'll be more then happy, but I read around that even that will not solve anything. 
    As many person around the world I work with my pc and actually I do not have time to stay without a monitor for who knows... One week? Month? .. Or even worst...
  • IronFly
    edited January 2018
    Options
    i understand but that kind of issue, can't be solved by a community board, since it's more related to hardware or firmware issue (that Acer doesn't release to public).
  • Mitch689
    Options
    I know but I also read around that the reparing things will not fix the problem... 
    I would like to know if I can change the model of my monitor with an equal monitor price or more by giving the different of course, because I cannot wait for my work. 
  • IronFly
    Options
    Only your seller can answer that question.
  • Logan2014
    Logan2014 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Bonjour j'ai le même écran et le même problème il y a t'il une solution logiciel ou est-ce matériel ?
  • Minusas
    Minusas Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    How your problem was solved? Firmware update or something else?
  • Yoshimura
    Yoshimura Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Problem solved for me. Just send the screen to Acer, they will fix it (firmware update). Less than a week for repair.